urgot top lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Standyourground1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

i was planning to buy urgot so.
he a good to plane if so.
what to get?

who does he counter

how to play him

iDpark

03-25-2013

Urgot has great harass, great utility, and stops lane pretty hard.

He loses to a lv 2 gank, multiple ganks (no escape) and has no gapcloser + short ranged attack.

Loses to jungler, but can get kills most ganks.

Staph asking items -> most items are situational, good in different situations. Muramana isn't a bad idea. He gets mana hungry + it procs on his Q's

Counters?

Mobility, sustain, good pre 4,

If you want to know how to play him, just play him in normals.
Dunno why people are so afraid of losing a normal.

M3GaL0d0n

03-25-2013

Urgot certainly has escapes. If he is on purple side he can usually escape ganks simply by ulting the enemy jungler if they try to flank him. If Urgot usually carries both ghost and flash to comphensate for his mediocre escapes.

If people ask you for a build -> you give them one. What is this amateur hour?

Rush Manamune any game because Urgot can charge it very quickly. Follow up with a Black Cleaver. Then build some durability through whichever CDR items you fancy. Mid game is where Urgot starts to crumble because there are very few items that suit him. Ice-born Gauntlet is decent on him but you should focus on kiting using superior range rather than hitting enemies with auto attacks. Last whisper is also a good damage item. After that, stack defense so you can consistently roll out damage and debuffs on the enemy carries without being peeled or counter attacked. Try Banshee's Veil or Frozen Heart. Just remember you are an Anti-Carry and not a regular ADC. But certainly not a tank. Playing Urgot into late game is very difficult which is why he isn't very popular these days. Try out different items to see what they do, Bloodthirster and Mercurial Scimitar aren't bad damage items on him. Nor are Hextech Gunblade or Spirit of the Lizard Elder, though those would be my last picks in the match if I was sure I could safely build a little glassy.