Hextech Sweeper is item #1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
It's a pretty boss and underappreciated item, regardless of whether there are traps or invisible champs.

I always get aggravated when I play ARAM and I'm against an Akali or someone with invisibility, and I kindly ask any ap users (which there always seems to be more of than AD) if they could get a sweeper. The response is usually "wat's sweeper?"
i get people to get sweeper in Arams by just spamming in chat and letting them get it out of annoyance, they usually get it after they rush rabbaddon's though.

what's up with the rabbadon's rush? it was never a good idea to start with, not even in Sr Maybe hexrevolver+rabaddon's on assassin oriented champions but on mages?

Edyll

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPfreely View Post
for(almost) the same amount i can get void staff and thats a massive DPS increase
usually dont have MS problems

im sure its good on certain champs, just not the ones i usually play
What champions do you usually play? I could see void staff being the best option on certain burst casters against high-MR targets, but comparatively:

Void staff gives +30ap and +35% Mpen at the cost of 300hp, 10% MS, 10% CDR, a situational passive and an amazing active

Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't believe that glass-cannon burst is as important as tankiness and mobility in Dominion. My playstyle is all about getting from point to point and defending points as long as possible.

I play champions like Soraka, Rammus, Fiddlesticks and Janna. I build tanky and rely on good teamwork to outplay the enemy.

Chavez Obama

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPfreely View Post
for(almost) the same amount i can get void staff and thats a massive DPS increase
usually dont have MS problems

im sure its good on certain champs, just not the ones i usually play
You could just get both...

Both are very good items.

Orphane

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkable View Post
na bft still #1
also, the stats you posted are almost entirely wrong.

Cost: 1920 (200)

+50 Ability Power
+300 Health

UNIQUE Passive: +10% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive: +10% Movement Speed
UNIQUE Passive: - Trap Detection Nearby stealthed enemy traps are revealed.
UNIQUE Active: A stealth-detecting mist grants vision in the target area for 10 seconds (60 second cooldown).
He listed the stats and item uniques that you get for the recipe cost, which is 200g.
He left out the Kindlegem and 2 Amp tomes and their cost because they're paid for in full.

STANKSTORM DELTA

03-25-2013

Normally, I would say "SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH! I don't want the nerf-bat to get ahold of it!"

But seeing how much Dominion gets attention..

Foxley

03-25-2013

This item is ridiculous.

The only reason it's not screamed about is that it doesn't give a massive spike in killing power (i.e. reworked and pre-nerf Black Cleaver), so most people don't notice how broken it is. It's ridiculous because of the sheer stat to gold efficiency, I haven't done the math but it's like pre-rework Aegis level of efficiency.

Then there's that active, which most people assume makes it only worth buying if the other team has stealth champions. WRONG. It gives a lingering uber-Clairvoyance active on a map that has no wards.

Let that sink in for a second. It gives you a ton of stats for cheap, and gives you map awareness on a ward-less map for a 200 gold combine cost.

But hey, if it doesn't let you instagib squishies from halfway across the screen, people aren't going to notice that it's broken.

Orphane

03-25-2013

Nono.

Grez's Lantern is the op one that costs 150 for recipe combine.

Hextech Sweeper costs 200 to combine. That makes it totally balanced. >.>

Redenbacher

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
He listed the stats and item uniques that you get for the recipe cost, which is 200g.
He left out the Kindlegem and 2 Amp tomes and their cost because they're paid for in full.
I was sorely hoping someone would catch this. Thank you for not letting me down.

Koravel

03-26-2013

I duo queue with a lot of people who are lower elo, since I'm part of the DominionMentor group. And I can honestly say that unless I specifically mention it, I have not seen a single person buy sweeper or lantern. It's hilarious in a sad way, because many times the people in the game, (not the guys I'm queueing with), will qq about an akali or teemo being so OP and why doesn't Riot fix them, when they are shut down so hard core by this one item.

IMO, Hextech Sweeper is hands down the #1 best item for almost any AP to buy.

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

It's also #1 in my heart.