Hextech Sweeper is item #1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edyll

03-25-2013

Seriously, no other item compares to Hextech sweeper. I build it every game where AP is remotely useful for my champion.

For 200g you get:
10AP
100HP
10% move speed
UNIQUE passive - reveals nearby traps
UNIQUE active - reveals nearly champions for a period of time

The important bits are the move speed and the active. 10% move speed is huge. With all the brush and FoW on dominion, the 6 seconds vision on enemy champions is enormous.

Discuss

Torkable

03-25-2013

na bft still #1
also, the stats you posted are almost entirely wrong.

Cost: 1920 (200)

+50 Ability Power
+300 Health

UNIQUE Passive: +10% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive: +10% Movement Speed
UNIQUE Passive: - Trap Detection Nearby stealthed enemy traps are revealed.
UNIQUE Active: A stealth-detecting mist grants vision in the target area for 10 seconds (60 second cooldown).

BeefJerkyHunter

03-25-2013

What about that Trinity Force?
For a combine cost of 3 gold you get lots of stuff!

FOODFOOD

03-25-2013

It's a pretty boss and underappreciated item, regardless of whether there are traps or invisible champs.

I always get aggravated when I play ARAM and I'm against an Akali or someone with invisibility, and I kindly ask any ap users (which there always seems to be more of than AD) if they could get a sweeper. The response is usually "wat's sweeper?"

konfetarius

03-25-2013

Quote:
Seriously, no other item compares to Hextech sweeper.
Grez Lantern.

UPfreely

03-25-2013

I never build it unless there's a couple annoying ppl like shaco, teemo, evelynn, akali ect.
and even then i sometimes just grab oracles. Usually spell pen is too valuable to grab something w\o it until late game.

Edyll

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPfreely View Post
Usually spell pen is too valuable to grab something w\o it until late game.
The real value is the move speed though. 10% is 35-40 move speed depending on your champion. That is a huge amount of speed on top of boots and really gives you great map control.

HaIfhearted

03-25-2013

Yeah, Hextech Sweeper is an incredibly powerful item.
One mistake I see people make is they usually only buy it as an anti-stealth item, like UPfreely above me, while severely underestimating the power of a mini-CV every minute.

That reveal can mean the difference between face-checking 4 people in a brush and walking away with your life, and also has additional utility in chasing people, or screwing someone trying to B behind the Windmill point when your team has just won a fight over it.

The movement speed and CDR are also really great stats in general.

Froppi

03-25-2013

It is SUCH A COST EFFECTIVE Item. I go for hextech or Locket first after boots. Sweeper if there is a teemo or not a lot of AD because of the MS, AP, CDR, HP, and brush check.

If there are 3 or more AD I go locket first, which is also a very cost effective and yet under utilized item (Armor, HP, CDR, and shield active for very cheap).

UPfreely

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edyll View Post
The real value is the move speed though. 10% is 35-40 move speed depending on your champion. That is a huge amount of speed on top of boots and really gives you great map control.
for(almost) the same amount i can get void staff and thats a massive DPS increase
usually dont have MS problems

im sure its good on certain champs, just not the ones i usually play