Support Feedski's Thread in General Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Bitterness

03-25-2013

Noting the rapid response to another thread, I responded to it politely and was pleasantly surprised with the response. RiotSundiata said they "noted it to the community team" and I think that is some real progress. This isn't much but, truthfully, it is something. At least we can take it on good faith that a Rioter made Feedski's thread known to other Rioters and that increases its chance of visibility with the people who are actually able to give us answers.

Yes, of course, there are any number of them who could have come across it on their own. At the same time, there are any number of them who could have simply opened it, saw Domion and thought 'fark that' and passed it over. This is different and I think that we should take it on good faith that other Rioters are actually being made aware.

NamKim

03-25-2013

Next time Riot Games is having a Q&A panel, we need to ask several people to prepare a Dominion question. Each one ending with "Give us a definite answer. No, "we're working working on it."

I am truly surprised by the number of people who don't even play Dominion who still supports us. They know what Riot is doing is wrong and they can see it.

I feel that this "movement" for Dominion is now going to be something even bigger than Dominion. In a way, it's a "movement" for alternative League of Legends maps. At a certain point, I wouldn't be surprise if Dominion and Twisted Treeline decided to work together to get Riot's attention. Dominion and Twisted Treeline together would probably be a big enough part of the population that Riot cannot simply ignore.

Eloquid

03-26-2013

It's a movement for alternative Riot's behaviour.

Waii Nosferatu

03-26-2013

Was going to bump this for more support but realized the dominion forums are slower than riots plans to reply to the thread.

gg

IronAegis

03-26-2013

Feedski's thread has exploded, but still no red response...

Arblis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

It's on my bookmarks as "Our Last Chance"

A Slime Appears

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bitterness View Post
Noting the rapid response to another thread, I responded to it politely and was pleasantly surprised with the response. RiotSundiata said they "noted it to the community team" and I think that is some real progress. This isn't much but, truthfully, it is something. At least we can take it on good faith that a Rioter made Feedski's thread known to other Rioters and that increases its chance of visibility with the people who are actually able to give us answers.
lolololololol

Feedski's thread is way more than 100 pages deep and there are quite a few rioters that frequent GD on a regular basis. I assure you the "community team" is well aware of our plight. Riot knows what's going on with dominion. They just don't care.

The Bitterness

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
lolololololol

Feedski's thread is way more than 100 pages deep and there are quite a few rioters that frequent GD on a regular basis. I assure you the "community team" is well aware of our plight. Riot knows what's going on with dominion. They just don't care.
One thing that I have learned over the course of my life is that I should not expect people to do their job unless, by virtue of experience, shown otherwise. This is an incredibly cynical belief to hold but it is also one that has been proven true time and again, from the mundane to the important. I want to be charitable, which is why I am taking what RiotSundiata said in good faith. At the same time I also have to go with my experience with Riot as a whole, being acutely aware of the constant lack of attention to critical issues while seeking to continue to expand despite being unable to effectively keep up with what they already have.

I cannot believe that Rioters responsible for Dominion in some real way have read Feedski's post or are aware of the current state of Dominion. I can certainly believe that they aren't interested in those two things, but I cannot believe that they are aware until I see a demonstration of that fact. After all, how many people see something and say 'that's not my job' or 'someone else will do it'? It's quite likely that any Rioter responsible for Dominion in some real way saw the title of the thread and simply did nothing for those two reasons, not wanting to get involved or not wanting to expend the energy. This is incredibly cynical, I know, but I don't see a good reason to disregard cynicism at this point.

lbgsloan

03-27-2013

I bumped the main thread, and was less polite about it than I should have, but I'm with A Slime Appears on this one. Riot knows, they've known for ages. But I think it's less they don't care and more they don't have an answer that doesn't make them look like lying weasels. Whoever necro'd those old threads with Brakhar confirming we'd get ranked in early season 2 obviously fired up this community's anger and desperation. For likely one last time. Riot isn't going to respond though, not with a real answer. They're terrified of the truth, because the truth here is, "We lied to keep people interested and spending money on the game. We never had any plans to make Dominion a serious game mode, it was just something we made in response to the Dota 2 open beta to steal some of the wind from their announcement. We actually want to pull the plug on it, which is why we continue to ignore it while overhauling ARAM and promoting it instead."

I will donate a $50 RP card to the next DD prize pool if Feedski gets a serious red response with actual answers and a definitive answer on Dominion ranked. No I'm not just saying that, I will hold my word to that. But I won't have to.

DSpyder

03-27-2013

Who spends money on Dominion?