How does this even work???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eggrollz

03-25-2013

http://screencast.com/t/h5WyUxuhYr7v

The guy who claimed to have won 20 points is in Silver IV, I am in Bronze I. I don't understand at all how the points are given out for ranked matches any more.

NinjaChopsticks

03-25-2013

His MMR and your MMR are similar, hence youre in a game together. Ranking means nothing in the matchmaking system.

EDIT: Sorry, didnt quite understand your post, but Ill leave that there for info. Essentially, if your MMR (read: ELO) is higher then your current ranking, youll win more LP than lose and vice versa. If your ranking and MMR are similar, and youre getting close to the advancement matches, the LP will begin being "clamped", meaning you'll win only a little bit and lose a lot, that way the system knows youre proving that you belong in the higher tier.

eggrollz

03-25-2013

Quote:
His MMR and your MMR are similar, hence youre in a game together. Ranking means nothing in the matchmaking system.
Not complaining about being matched with a Silver IV. How do I only earn 4 points for a win, while my teammate won 20?

NinjaChopsticks

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggrollz View Post
Not complaining about being matched with a Silver IV. How do I only earn 4 points for a win, while my teammate won 20?
Read my Edit in that post