Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vlad Player needs advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mudkip4me

03-25-2013

I've played Vlad for 3 seasons and I'm looking for advice

My runes are:
Vs AD - +25.6 AP, 12.7 armor, + 7.8 MPen
Vs AP - +14.9 AP, 9.74 Health/Level, 12.1 MR, 7.8 MPen

Masteries are:
Vs AD - 21/9/0 - Getting normal improved ignite and ghost, and going health regen, health/level, armor and flat health
Vs AP - 21/9/0 - same thing as AD except I get MR in def tree instead of armor

Summoners are:
Ghost and Ignite

Normal build is:
9 Potions 2 wards
Hextech, Kage ---> WOTA
Boots ---> Sorceries
Liandry's Torment
Vs AD - Hourglass
Vs AP - Abyssal
Death Cap
Rylai's

I normally can dominate any lane be it solo top/bot or Solo mid. I know I'm Silver 3 but I should be gold or higher but we all know that story.

I farm pretty well in games but I've recently come into problems vs a Fiddle/Fizz/Swain mid or Xin/J4/Jayce top lane.

Any advice would be lovely

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ezran

03-25-2013

Quote:

I farm pretty well in games but I've recently come into problems vs a Fiddle/Fizz/Swain mid or Xin/J4/Jayce top lane.

Any advice would be lovely

Erm you're having problems because those are the best counters against Vlad.

Vlad is weak vs healing reductions, gap closers and silence.
Fiddle shouldn't be terrible, just stay behind your minions and get aggressive when he tries to fight you.
Dodge vs. Swain, he's incredibly hard to fight as Vlad.
Punish Fizz for trying to be aggressive, stand far back. Unfortunately his healing reduction and gap closers counter you.

Xin is a very strong all-in champ, so if you can avoid getting worn down and rush armor you will have a chance.
Jayce pokes hard, don't get hit by his accelerated Q and he should run out of mana. Punish him for being in melee form.
Fighting against J4 is all about dodging the flag. If he can't get the knock up on you he can't really do anything to you. If he ults you don't pool right away, wait til the walls drop and he tries to knock you up. You should be able to bully him out of lane after 8 or 9.