I need someone who is familiar with law

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HetairoiAthenas

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
If you can't prove you been there, then they can legally tell you did not come.
Makes no sense kid, that isn't something you can label a "legal fact" and be done with it.

ProbabIyTerribad

03-25-2013

Dobs please help

HetairoiAthenas

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempname525 View Post
Dobs please help
No., can't. I'm not going to go research california **** procedural law and give you legal advice thereby violating several laws and ethical rules, in exchange for nothing

My Face Is OP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

That's hilarious. You probably have a warrant out on you. Failure to appear, they just issue a warrant.

Next time you get stopped, you're going to county.

Why people just don't pay the officer the "fine" right on the spot is beyond me.

stillnotCampir

03-25-2013

Yah duu, apparition man is correct, you probably have a warrant.

ProbabIyTerribad

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HetairoiAthenas View Post
No., can't. I'm not going to go research california **** procedural law and give you legal advice thereby violating several laws and ethical rules, in exchange for nothing
I'll send you nudes

stillnotCampir

03-25-2013

What legal advice are you seeking? I've known many people in the EXACT same situation you are in. They didn't pay a ticket for one reason or another, failed to appear because of confusion, and now have an X amount warrant. Pay it or they will legit arrest you, no matter how minor you think it is.

There is no way out at this point, you've already missed your court date so there's no hope of getting it waved or lowered. You owe this amount as BAIL, not as a fine. Next time you receive a ticket be VERY careful about paying it.

This is based off of the Canadian system, but I'm sure it's not that much different.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HetairoiAthenas View Post
Makes no sense kid, that isn't something you can label a "legal fact" and be done with it.

Okay, tell this to the cops when they come to arrest him

My Face Is OP

03-25-2013

Quote:
Okay, tell this to the cops when they come to arrest him
They won't come to arrest him but the next time they stop him and run his stuff, they'll arrest him.

I strongly suggest you not go out in night in case you don't have 24 hour bonds bailsman in your area. You can avoid a holding cell over night.

Please post your mugshot.

stillnotCampir

03-25-2013

Quote:
Do you have any proof that actually happened? (she telling you to GTFO)
It doesn't matter. He failed to appear, he missed his chance to contest anything that happened.

I have a friend who got into an accident. She didn't have insurance so they gave her a massive ticket. After appearing in court, the judge let her pay her fine via public service hours.

She did her hours, but her supervisor never signed off on them for unknown reasons (likely forgot). 4 years later she had a $5000 dollar warrant even though she completed her hours. She went that whole 4 years completely oblivious.

Chalk it up to a learning experience, handle your shit next time.

123456 ... 8