Client crashes on summoning screen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tierbrand

03-25-2013

I've searched around, and found a few other people having similar problems to mine, but none that I have seen, have had any sort of fix, or response, so I figured I might as well try.

Yesterday, I tried playing a match after not playing for nearly 4 months. At first, I got into a bot match alright. Champion select went fine, and then the match launched. It was a bit sluggish launching, and my ping was ridiculously high on the summoning screen. Higher than I've ever seen it in 2 years of playing League of Legends on and off. However, once the match loaded, it seemed to be fine. My ping was fairly average, though still higher than normal.

After that, I tried playing a normal match. Again, matchmaking and champion select went fine. However, this time after launching, the summoning screen wouldn't even load, it just stayed as a black screen. After a few minutes of it not loading, I opened up task manager and it showed the client wasn't responding. So, I ended the process, and found that the LoLClient was still open. It was just sitting there, with "Game is still in progress" on it. So, I closed that down, and made sure to end all Legends related processes, before relaunching. I login and click the reconnect button, and the same thing happens. Black screen, no champions being summoned, etc.

I repeated the process multiple times. On some attempts, it popped up a firewall error, saying it couldn't connect to the server due to firewall settings. So, I turned off all firewalls on my computer, and made sure that all Legends related ports were enabled for my router firewall. Try again, still black screen.

On some other attempts, the summoning screen would load, and it would load to ~70% then crash.

Today, I've reinstalled Legends entirely, and upon attempting to play a bot match, I had the same problems, black screen, no champion splash are, no summoning bar, etc or when it does load the summoning screen, it crashes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tierbrand

03-25-2013

Gonna go ahead and bump this until it gets solved.

davidnoob580

03-27-2013

Bump. It's extremely irritating. Uninstalled so many times, re-downloaded so many times, and even installed league to different locations and different hard drives.

Footoo

04-08-2013

I recently moved, and Bright House came to my new place to install their service (10 mbps down and 1 mbps up). Internet related tasks and getting into league works great!

After champion select into about 70% (I've made it to 100% before) of summoning the game goes to desktop. The RIOT logo is still in my task bar; when I click it, it brings up league of legends home screen. I think the only difference is I try custom, so I don't get "Leaver", therefore it doesn't pop up with Reconnect.

I tried all the port forwarding on my "ubee" modem, and just recently tried my linksys router over wifi. Am I missing a firewall or more modem options?

Thank you.

Munchytime

04-09-2013

I am having a similar, yet more severe problem. Last night the client crashed so hard it froze my processor. Happened 3 times in one game before I finally called it quits. also, even though I can actually load into a game, my ping shows at 999, but I have no lag issues upon entering game(odd). I have uninstalled and re-installed twice now in the last week.

The adobe air file in the Zac patch is screwy. There is something majorly wrong with it. I have tried downloading the program from the adobe website and that fixes it for a game or 2, but then it reverts back to crashing constantly.

I know this is a 'free to play' game, but i have spent a good deal of money on champions and skins to have my client unavailable for such lengthy periods of time.

This needs to be fixed. I ask people in every game I can actually load into if they are having the same problem, and they all claim it has started in the last 2 weeks like mine has.

My computer is an HP - Convertible Mini-tower Workstation - 1 x Intel Xeon E3-1240V2 3.40 GHz - Jack Black with 8 GB RAM - 1 TB HDD - DVD-Writer - NVIDIA Quadro 2000 1 GB Graphics. so it's not my computer that's the problem. Sure i haven't modified it in any way to play the more graphics intense games, but league is about all i play on my computer besides minecraft, and like I said, this problem just started recently.

InShortSight

04-09-2013

heya strangers, I've also had a similar problem at some point or another, although i don't recall ever being completely unable to load the game after more than one or two attempts.
you guys may or may not have gone through other threads on the bugs board so im gonna link Icypolefreak's thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3122705 with a whole bunch of common bugs and fixes, theres probably other threads from reds or other kindly peeps but Icypolefreak has this
"Game not opening Properly?
Retrieve your logs so i can have a look at them
Or you can try this proccess
- Go to this folder in your lol directory: LOL\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0.0 .142\ (could be newer so always take the lastest one)
- Delete releasemanifest and S_OK
- Go into the deploy folder in that same directory
- In there, delete the lib, logs, META-INF, and mod folders
- Also delete LolClient.exe, LolClient.swf, and locale.properties
- Repatch (just start the Client again and wait for the patching)"

I've had various problems with league but so far reinstalling, repairing the installation, un-installing everything then installing again from scratch (multiple times) has solved all of the ones that weren't caused by how weak my computer is :3

~ISS :3

Footoo

04-11-2013

I found a fix for mine at least. I did a little more searching in my BH Ubee modem options. Under the Firewall tab I unchecked "Firewall Protection". Was able to log in and play as soon as I clicked Apply.

Hope this helps!

Slyphen

04-12-2013

same issue
http://imgur.com/5SndkR4

subhan69

04-18-2013

This is stupid..
They will ban you if it continues as if its our problem.
I got banned from playing for like a day and after playing 2 matches the game crash at summoning and now I am banned for 3 days..

shootingfish

04-18-2013

ya, sometimes have to open task manager to end LoL so you can relog. this is crazy. is this an Adobe AIR issue? if you read the news, Adobe is incapable of making a stable/bug free/not hackable program. there must be another program that you can use for whatever it does. wait i just figured it out, LoL uses Adobe Flash ( !!!???) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Integrated_Runtime . no wonder why, its an extremely inefficient/slow program. ive always wondered why im not getting like 200fps+ playing, as the game is really just a big x,y array with localized characters moving on screen. very easy/fast to do for any computer. but the Adobe part of it explains all. please get rid of Adobe.