Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InfernoChill

03-26-2013

Random question, but are we going to see the bear we all know and love at some point? He's an ally of Ashe if I remember the lore correctly.

Badnik96

03-26-2013

Lissandra?

A new Ice Witch character?

This year is shaping up to be great for Freljord lore-wise

SeikyuHaste

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoChill View Post
Random question, but are we going to see the bear we all know and love at some point? He's an ally of Ashe if I remember the lore correctly.
Only if Lissandra`s next week...after we finally see her then you can get your bear. <3

Edvard Rubeartis

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXenthI View Post
INB4 April Fools Joke /._./
If it is an April fools joke, it is way out of taste.

SeikyuHaste

03-26-2013

I just noticed something about that splash art...was Ganondorf an inspiration for when you guys made Trundle`s new look? There are slight similarities there.

http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images...of_Time%29.png
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...._Brawl%29.png

BCMYKRMCXYZiggs

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
So this is something we addressed with Karma's relaunch and maybe we ca do better job messaging this, but there are different tiers of reworks.

There are visual upgrades like nidalee, soraka, Annie, where only art assets are changed.

Then there are reworks like twisted fate where we change the look and the lore, but gameplay is largely unaffected.

Then there are relaunches, where the character can be evolved from all aspects, lore gameplay and art. Karma was our first. Trundle is qualifying as a relaunch since his new base is different enough from his old base to warrant the "traditional" skin.

Thank you Grumpy. I'm glad Riot is listening to the concerns of the community. Personally, I liked Trundle's original lore but his character model was just unappealing and kinda silly. The sneak peak of Trundles new character model is great improvement over the old one. You get a sense of clarity, awe and power from the new look on Trundle. Definitely makes you want to play the champ more.

Art looks great but direction from Quinn's journal portrays Trundle as a totally different character. For a moment, I thought Riot was creating a second troll to fight Ashe's clan. Then it is revealed that Trundle is the King of Trolls raiding villages and destroying whatever is unusable.

I don't mind the new look but please don't stray too much from Trundle's original lore. As said by Grumpy I will reserve my opinions until the full release. Please keep up the good work.

NightmareRofls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

I seriously think that instead of changing his lore and whatnot, just change his default skin to the new "traditional skin" and scratch that new look for him. I dont think it "suits" him

Saint Panini

03-26-2013

suck it trundle lovers your fagget asses can suck new trundle's dick

Holy Malevolence

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard Rubeartis View Post
If it is an April fools joke, it is way out of taste.
It's mere existence is way out of taste.

SlightlySuicidal

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFatHornyTurtle View Post
looks cool and all but that aint trundle, looks more like trundles cousin from the north frostburn
^exactly what i was thinking

sure he looks badass now, but the idea of trundle as a frost troll just doesn't sit right. it's like turning twitch into a golf course gopher - the king of the golf course gophers!