Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Alone, in a cage, remiss---the sunken form of decay. / He had suffered for years by his flesh, yet he had won loyalty. / His tale was one of tragedy. / The runt and bullied outcast:
He wonders why he is unwanted. / Can he only smash through the pain. ------ Farewell, Trundle. I know not will come of you in the days to come. You are trapped by expectation and present work invested.

Zerglinator

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
Alone, in a cage, remiss---the sunken form of decay. / He had suffered for years by his flesh, yet he had won loyalty. / His tale was one of tragedy. / The runt and bullied outcast:
He wonders why he is unwanted. / Can he only smash through the pain. ------ Farewell, Trundle. I know not will come of you in the days to come. You are trapped by expectation and present work invested.
Sounds pretentious.

Hellioning

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
I have read your opinions, and thanks for the input, its a good gut check for us when guys like you post your thoughts. As for those with contrary opinions and concerns, Ill say what I said in my first post , wait untill you have all the facts and context so you can have a more well informed opinion. There is much more art and lore to be revealed.
Context didn't make me like Steel Legion Lux or Karma's redesign more, but this doesn't give me the reaction that those two did, so I hope it turns out better.

gr1m5

03-26-2013

If you change his laugh, I will hit you from fountain to the other.

- ssotp

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2013

Grump money can you contact some red there to answer this important thread? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...52767&page=115

FatedTitan

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoripan View Post
Okay, I'll stop complaining about Trundle, maybe the character niche he is covering now is better than the last, but I as ugly/disgusting character lover have to ask.

Now that Trundle is more Ice-Troll Tribe Leader, is it possible to see in some remote future a champs that fills the space left by old Trundle?, Something like a disease mage, or a pestilent zombie/corpse?

Won't happen. It's not pretty enough. If they're getting rid of the Trundle we love, why would they make a champion to take his place? Just keep Trundle. But no. They want to consolidate their lore and make it much more bland.

SlVIR

03-26-2013

Grumpy Monkey i know i indeed joke around a lot in these threads...

but i hope your lore team does not decide to change sivir as drastically as karma and trundle have been reworked lore wise.

her lore is unique and can be easily built off of instead of removed like trundles =P

edit: also why is your avatar not a monkey? this has bugged me more then the lore changes

Xoripan

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
Those all sound like great compelling ideas.
Thanks for the anwser, I was kinda angry yesterday but an idea came up, a new perspective to this visual update, Trundle will not die, he is just... moving out, some day , maybe, someone will come and fill the spot better than Trundle ever did.

Or maybe I am just being delusional.

PD: Don't change his laugh. kthxbye

CacklingJakal33

03-26-2013

HERE'S AN IDEA FOR THE RIOT LORE WRITERS

why don't we keep the whole "afflicted with a skin eating disease" as a back story, only now say that he found the cure for that plague and now used his new-found rebirth to take over the ice trolls. After all, he'll still have his super-regenerate ability, right?

I only say this because I'd hate to see the old story get pushed aside for the new stuff. Its kind of frustrating to see this discontinuity of back story for these characters. Take Warwick and Soraka for example: they are intertwined characters whose stories don't entirely mesh :/

GranspearZX

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luscious Lenny View Post
Grumpy Monkey i know i indeed joke around a lot in these threads...

but i hope your lore team does not decide to change sivir as drastically as karma and trundle have been reworked lore wise.

her lore is unique and can be easily built off of instead of removed like trundles =P
Yordle Seamstress Sivir. Let's do it, Riot!