Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DocJoze

03-25-2013

Oh my dear Trundle... i have used him constantly since he was launched, my best jungler hands down.

He looks pretty badass now, but tbh i loved his lore and old look, at least i can get the old skin .

Tserrof2

03-25-2013

Ok, if the IceWitch isnt Lissandra, who is she?

Yaddar

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
Actually, if I recall correctly, he was more of a tragic figure--shunned for his regenerative ability (I think), who took on the curse of his entire tribe, and was then...shunned for taking on the curse of his entire tribe.

Just as he is able to shoulder the curse of his tribe with his incredible (even by Troll standards) regenerative ability, he is able to shoulder the **** he gets from everyone he's ever known though his scrambling and scrappy devil-may-care demeanor.

I think this is what people will miss the most--that scrappiness, that tripod scramble, that hitting-you-with-a-club-as-big-as-he-is, that underdog charm.

New Trundle doesn't seem to have any of that--not from a visual standpoint, anyway. While the Karma VU was necessary in order to bring some readability and unity to her design, the look and attitude that old Trundle had is actually more representative of the play-patterns created by his kit, than this new, muscle-bound, icy iteration is.

When a design decision actually harms the structural integrity of a champion, that's where I call "foul ball."

yep Trundle was the ultimate lovely underdorg.
stack lifesteal and fight frenetically for your life against stronger opponents (stealing their AD and resistances), damn that is fun.

I think most people have problems with the new Traditional Trundle, he looks like the lovely underdog tried too many steroids and became another football bully...

the new skin is OK (we need to see if the lore is still legit), he looks funny enough, BUT his traditional skin is taking himself waaaaay to seriously.

Rivini

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
Why is this GARBAGE getting upvotes?

[omitted]
I feel awful about the changes as well. It's one thing to alter his appearance, but changing his entire lore? That can only (and rightfully) piss off everyone who cares about LoL.

When they made the Tomb Raider reboot, did they completely change who Lara is, or is she the same Lara, only younger? No one complained about the new Lara because Crystal Dynamics were smart about it. With DmC, Ninja Theory made the mistake of changing Dante more than what was necessary. People didn't complain only because of his hair. His attitude is horrible and he's half-angel instead of half-human like he had always been. Riot is doing now what Ninja Theory did. Therefore, the community feedback is all but unexpected.

It really feels like a slap to the face, and I don't even play Trundle hardly ever. I care a lot for a good story and Trundle had it. I really can't fathom why Riot decided to go through with this huge change, other than to appease to all the players who said "he's too ugly and icky!" Watch Urgot suddenly become Taric's twin in looks and demeanor, when his time comes.

Arcane Azmadi

03-25-2013

Here are the things that will have to be changed if Riot goes ahead with this "Visual Upgrade":

*His skill names:
Trundle is trading disease for ice powers. He has to be. There is NO way you can look at that new design and say "yep, that's a plague-infected monster alright". Riot have repeatedly SAID that a champion's appearance should suggest their abilities So clearly Decompose, Rabid Bite, Contaminate, Pillar of Filth and Agony will have to be renamed. Possibly Icy Death, Frostbite, Field of Snow, Pillar of Ice and Ooh That Cold Really Hurts?

*His backstory:
Let's be blunt, while some people are suggesting this could be used to progress Trundle's story, that's even more pointless. So now he's the troll who was once horribly diseased but overcame it and is now healthy again? So do we call him Trundle, the Troll-Formerly-Known-As-Cursed? This is a no-brainer, there's simply no way to reconcile Trundle the Troll King with the existing character.

*His voice:
While Riot could keep the actor, they probably won't. Trundle's snarky, sickly-sounding voice wouldn't work with a big, burly, muscular troll warlord. It was a direct consequence of his disease. Also, with the loss of the entire "diseased agony" theme, the following lines are now incongruous:
"Share the agony!"
"Suffer as I do."
"Smash through the pain."
"This is about to get ugly!"
"Let's show 'em my ugly side."

Celestialfaith

03-25-2013

I hope that his lore is a advancement of his old lore like what Karma had. I'm sure you guys can come up with something rather than erasing the old stuff completely. Trundle was already tried of his people sense they ignored him so him going somewhere else and becoming king of more unintelligent trolls seems like a nice story.

Anyway, Ice Witch! Must know more Riot!

Yaddar

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
Here are the things that will have to be changed if Riot goes ahead with this "Visual Upgrade":

*His skill names:
Trundle is trading disease for ice powers. He has to be. There is NO way you can look at that new design and say "yep, that's a plague-infected monster alright". Riot have repeatedly SAID that a champion's appearance should suggest their abilities So clearly Decompose, Rabid Bite, Contaminate, Pillar of Filth and Agony will have to be renamed. Possibly Icy Death, Frostbite, Field of Snow, Pillar of Ice and Ooh That Cold Really Hurts?

*His backstory:
Let's be blunt, while some people are suggesting this could be used to progress Trundle's story, that's even more pointless. So now he's the troll who was once horribly diseased but overcame it and is now healthy again? So do we call him Trundle, the Troll-Formerly-Known-As-Cursed? This is a no-brainer, there's simply no way to reconcile Trundle the Troll King with the existing character.

*His voice:
While Riot could keep the actor, they probably won't. Trundle's snarky, sickly-sounding voice wouldn't work with a big, burly, muscular troll warlord. It was a direct consequence of his disease. Also, with the loss of the entire "diseased agony" theme, the following lines are now incongruous:
"Share the agony!"
"Suffer as I do."
"Smash through the pain."
"This is about to get ugly!"
"Let's show 'em my ugly side."

well as for the VO, Traditional Karma is supposed to have the old Voice.
Trundle's traditional skin (I still don't like it), might have the old Voice Acting.

Zerglinator

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaddar View Post
well as for the VO, Traditional Karma is supposed to have the old Voice.
Trundle's traditional skin (I still don't like it), might have the old Voice Acting.
It most certainly will.

Ebonmaw Dragon

03-25-2013

The trolls from valoran are very different between themselves

FatedTitan

03-25-2013

And my Lil' Slugger Trundle will probably look dreadful.

How do you make a baseball outfit that looks old, sewn together, and dirty change from that into some ice form? You don't. It'll be awful.

Riot why don't you give us a response!?! Let us know you hear us or something!