Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Get Ðunkd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

As long as you don't take away his pillar i am ok.

SirWhaley

03-25-2013

The new icy look is cool, but I feel like trundle is losing his outcast status that made him interesting. I like him small and muppet-like.

Chibodee Crocket

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
Why shouldn't I be incendiary against Riot? They just KEEP DOING THIS SH*T.

Poor Karthus was changed from one of the most mysterious and intriguing champions in the game to some dipsh*t who loves death and wants to kill the world. Oh and he was moved to the Shadow Isles because apparently the Howling Marsh made the map too big.

Don't even get me STARTED on "Passion Princess Katarina". From the deadly, cold, beautiful Sinister Blade of Noxus, to an overeager screwup who disgraced her family. At least we somewhat raged them back into line on that, the original draft was AWFUL before we shouted at them enough.
Gonna have to agree with this.

Lets not even go into Karma, the enlightened poised monk who became a generic character from Dragonball Z shooting Ki blasts from her hands.

Yaddar

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaynerWolf View Post
As someone who has enjoyed Trundle since his release I gotta say I'm massively disappointed that the only thing non-gameplay wise that seems to be transitioning is his name. I can live with that though as you're trying to make the shift easier with the traditional skin. However the traditional skin as it stands barely even resembles the goofball Trundle was. I implore to you please go back to it and make him more like his old self instead of this brute. Heck I would even be okay with just having his current model as the traditional skin.
yep the traidtional Trundle skin looks weird... like he overdosed badly on steroids.

the new Trundle looks fine, I grant you, but I expect a good tie-in with his current lore to make it more of a continuation rather than a recton.

that given said, keep his current model as the traditional skin... the new traditional one looks... weird.

ItemsGuy

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaddar View Post
Just Remember Riot.

Trundle is a Good guy.

he might do things the bad way, but he is a good guy.

don't turn him into a cheap villain.
Actually, if I recall correctly, he was more of a tragic figure--shunned for his regenerative ability (I think), who took on the curse of his entire tribe, and was then...shunned for taking on the curse of his entire tribe.

Just as he is able to shoulder the curse of his tribe with his incredible (even by Troll standards) regenerative ability, he is able to shoulder the **** he gets from everyone he's ever known though his scrambling and scrappy devil-may-care demeanor.

I think this is what people will miss the most--that scrappiness, that tripod scramble, that hitting-you-with-a-club-as-big-as-he-is, that underdog charm.

New Trundle doesn't seem to have any of that--not from a visual standpoint, anyway. While the Karma VU was necessary in order to bring some readability and unity to her design, the look and attitude that old Trundle had is actually more representative of the play-patterns created by his kit, than this new, muscle-bound, icy iteration is.

When a design decision actually harms the structural integrity of a champion, that's where I call "foul ball."

Blastodon

03-25-2013

@Morello, Some Questions:
1. Will his abilities be getting aesthetic changes to go with his new look? (pillar of filth is an ice pillar now, etc.)
2. Can you tell us anything about what his new lore will be? Will he still be portrayed as someone vaguely heroic from a troll's point of view?
3.Will Trundle also be getting a new voice? I ask only because his old voice doesn't really sound like it would fit the new look all that much.
4. Is his new splash art ready and can we see it?

Edvard Rubeartis

03-25-2013

First Karma. Not a week later Trundle. What heck is going on riot?!?!? You not making enough money on GOOD ideas? Have to find some bad ones to appeal to amateurs? Forget it. Change your plans now, because your going the typical route of every other mainstream game on the planet. Snowballing downhill trying to appeal to everyone, and forgetting about the Core Audience that helped you get to the renown you have now. Its an insult.

And if it doesn't stop here, its going to Snowball until League of Legend becomes nothing more than another failed game.

...Just another OP, fed Irelia throwing the late game...again.

Burstskee

03-25-2013

It's like riot is saving everything and then...

BAM! they are gonna release all of it like a giant present. I like how you are building up the anticipation.

Yaddar

03-25-2013

Jon Snow and Ghost WHERE?

Damn you Riot.

tailsmph

03-25-2013

Ugh
I just have this feeling that you killed everything I used to like about my favorite champion.
Good bye Sarcastic Troll with a rather tragic back story
Hello Olaf