Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotoriousBLT

03-25-2013

Holy **** that traditional skin! Thank you for this Riot!

Leu164

03-25-2013

Ashe vs sejuani....tryndamere vs trundle....lissandra vs the ice witch...in one epic battle in the howling abbysm

SeikyuHaste

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leu164 View Post
Ashe vs sejuani....tryndamere vs trundle....lissandra vs the ice witch...in one epic battle in the howling abbysm
I want Lissandra and this new Ice Witch to be the same person.

Arance

03-25-2013

Well, it's certainly a drastic change. Taken on it's own, I like how the 'new' Trundle looks; but in the context of what he used to be, I have a strong, worrying feeling that some of his old charm is lost.

This is doubly true for his Traditional skin. It's hard to articulate it exactly, but I think the new upright stance and beefier frame destroy the 'misunderstood misfit/miscreant' vibe old Trundle has. Like this, he looks like a far more plain, big, and ugly brute.

EDIT: Also while I don't dislike the new Trundle's northern/icy theme, I do lament the abandonment of the old's pestilence theme. We have plenty of northerners already, but his plague and grime style was unique.

Arkzus

03-25-2013

Yay ice champions!

General Stinky

03-25-2013

ice is nice

Beija

03-25-2013

Nice update.

SlightlySuicidal

03-25-2013

Quote:
While old Trundle certainly had a unique narrative and visual design, we always felt he was disconnected from the rest of the world. This inhibited the number of stories we could tell with Trundle and, well, we want to tell stories about him. Trundle’s upcoming changes include a gameplay update (more of a quality improvement than a rework – similar in scope to our Taric changes in 3.03), a new ice-themed aesthetic (if you couldn’t guess), and a new story that ties Trundle to the brewing conflict in the Freljord.
*sigh*

I knew the writing was on the wall that this was going to happen. I really don't like this direction though. From the hints that riot put out this was going to happen whether or not trundle players liked it (and we didn't). A couple posts where people would say "he looks ugly so i no play him" were the only ones that they'd respond to rather than actual trundle player concerns.

I just hope his emotes aren't changed up. His are my favorite of any character in this game.

I don't understand why this is so high on the priority list when there's heimer and poppy being what they are, but whatever. I'll reserve remaining judgment until I see how he's changed. I gotta say that thus far I'm disappointed.

ByteDemon

03-25-2013

Riots annual April fools prank?

Yami arashi

03-25-2013

traditional skin looks badass *-*... i love it *-*