Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hobonatir

03-25-2013

I remember chatting with FeralPony about the upcoming rework for Trundle at PAX East on Saturday, but this has completely blown my previous expectations out of the water.

Great job guys, can't wait to see him in action!

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Can I get a refund on trundle? this isn't the same character I came to love. Trundle was honestly one of the most well rounded characters on your roster, he was deeper and more complex as a character than most others and all you're saying here is, "we remade trundle because we didn't know how to utilize him to his full potential."

AttackBacon

03-25-2013

If you are disappointed with Trundles lore "changes", read this:

It seems everyone is complaining about how Trundle is no longer a good guy/heroic outcast. Did you read his judgement? Trundle is a tragic character, not a victorious one. He sacrificed himself for his tribe the first time sure, but he abandoned them all to die the second time. He's not a troll messiah here, he's a failed redeemer. His original lore is definitely a "bad end" story.

Now we don't know any specifics of his new lore. We know he's leading trolls and killing humans, but we don't know any of his reasoning. Did the humans deserve it? Were they killing troll babies? Who knows! At the very least he will be a good guy from the trolls perspective.

This new lore thrust has been really awesome. If you have lore concerns, it is your responsibility to at least have the original story correct. Saying Trundle was some awesome good guy is like saying Warwick is misunderstood. It's just not accurate. Let's all keep an open mind here and see what comes.

Of course none of that really applies to the visual side of things. That is a much more subjective area and while I really like Trundles new look, I can definitely see why people wouldn't. I'm really glad Riot is doing the Traditional skins, it was great for Karma and it looks great for Trundle.

Melancholy Exile

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
And in response to Morello, you're wrong. It's not that you couldn't work Trundle into more story. You didn't want to. You didn't want to try to. Trundle was unique and had a charm about him that many of us loved. Now he's just another troll in the ice mountains. Talk about unique. I've only seen that in every other type of game ever. If you couldn't think more story up, the fans sure could. We had skin ideas, story progression ideas, EVERYTHING. And you decided it'd be best just to redo him.
So ... what story did Trundle actually have left to tell?

He wasn't looking for a cure (He says as much in his Judgement) and had completely disowned his tribe and any continuation of their story in the Ironspike Mountains - a region with little relation to other characters. Beyond making him someone who randomly shows up in someone else's story, where did he actually have to go?

Mousechint

03-25-2013

YES!
As one of the 5 Trundle players. THANK YOU.

Sinspurch

03-25-2013

First Zac...THEN reworked Karma...NOW Trundle’s relaunch?!? :OOOOO TAKE MY MONEY PLEASE!!!

Killrazor

03-25-2013

Vekkz

03-25-2013

I'm really liking all this, but why not just let "Traditional Trundle" as his default and the new Ice Trundle being just a skin themed by this conflicts? Any redsponse?

FatedTitan

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy Exile View Post
So ... what story did Trundle actually have left to tell?

He wasn't looking for a cure (He says as much in his Judgement) and had completely disowned his tribe and any continuation of their story in the Ironspike Mountains - a region with little relation to other characters. Beyond making him someone who randomly shows up in someone else's story, where did he actually have to go?

They could release other Champs from the area. They could send him out on a quest with another champ. There's so much they COULD have done. They didn't try. And it's disappointing to see what has happened.

Fringey

03-25-2013

Morello:

Will I have time to earn the IP to buy Trundle and Sejuani before they're released with the "Original" skins?
My reasoning: I remade my account on EUW because of the lack of NA>EUW transfers, my NA account had Trundle and Sejuani but I didn't get round to buying them yet on EUW. I'll be very sad if I miss out on the skins coz of this. Please respond .