Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Holy Malevolence

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hit Monkey View Post
Part of the problem I've had with many of the comments in this thread, partly explaining why several of my earlier responses here towards them, is that there is the continued assumption that his gameplay is being changed.

Let's for a moment set aside the thematic, lore, and visual issues. I'm done talking about that, I'm sticking to the Gameplay here.

With regard to the gameplay, people enter, see the original posts, and immediately make the assumption that his gameplay is going to be radically altered, when if they look at the Red Posts, they would see this is not the case.

The gameplay changes are to Quality of Life. Riot has made a point of stating that they're satisfied with how he plays, the changes in this regard are to improve upon them. Maybe a buff here, a nerf there, a tweak.

What I'm trying to say is that whether Trundle is a scrawny diseased ugly runt, or a beefy rugged icy king, that gameplay is going to stick.
Which is the problem, actually.
His visage is perfectly fine, whilst it's his gameplay that causes what trouble he does have. They're basically ruining him for the sake of not actually fixing anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...2IUn4MU#t=254s

SavageChef

03-31-2013

So this Is not just some April Fools Joke Right??? "Trolling Us?"

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

Sadly not. And the silence after asking for thoughts is especially bad.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

Trundles' old lore was EPIC, one special Troll that makes the ultimate sacrifice and shoulders a curse for his people. I always hoped that there would be some kind of Cured Trundle Skin down the road. Now I wonder what kind of dumbed down Zac/Fizz/Syndra/Shyvana drivel the character is going to get now.

He was the biggest Troll, he beat everybody else up, they made him the Troll king........

Ophirr

03-31-2013

Well, in these last two pages I see some really good feedback, both for and against the new Trundle. Anyone got any Riot bait?

Kyattsu

03-31-2013

If this guy wasn't using a club, would anyone be able to guess without being told first that it was in fact Trundle?

Different lore, different physique and abilities, different personality (Troll King), different everything!

He's not even a similar sort of troll (unless Trundle being a runt makes him that much smaller) so why replace Trundle with this new guy? Why not just bring him out as someone new instead?
It's like removing Riven and replacing her with Fiora because they're both sword wielding women and that's pretty much the same character right?

Trundle in name only

edit: Should say I do like the design of the new base skin as it looks quite awesome. It's just that there seems to be little importance placed on Trundle remaining true to what he was, and why such a thing is so bad. If you were to change the personality of Draven or Jax could you imagine the outcry?

MyFatHornyTurtle

03-31-2013

and his club looks soo well carved, i just hate it

Xarue

03-31-2013

YESSS, YESSSS AAUGGGGGGaagaaaagaaa, and yes trundle needs this change because he sucks lemons, trundle while a good jungler cant do anything in a fight but get in the way, slows, and feed. Thats probably why no one plays him, becuase of the lemons. The way trundle is right now, he cant even beat an egg, so if riot really if reworking him, change his stupid abilities, but try to keep his pillar. Make the pillar pop out of the ground dealing damage, slows enamies while giving you a speed boost because the W and E skill could of just been mixed together in the first place.

SaraIsLiz

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
thats not wat i meant. i just wanted u guys to realise that u r biased because u r butthurt.

PS. just in case u didnt know being biased is a bad thing in any aspect of life.
I agree. No matter who you are and what sitiuation you are in. If you are biased, you are limiting yourself. By these "butthurt fanboys" limiting themselves to "old trundle", they are perhaps missing out on something really amazing.

MrSmileyy

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraIsLiz View Post
I agree. No matter who you are and what sitiuation you are in. If you are biased, you are limiting yourself. By these "butthurt fanboys" limiting themselves to "old trundle", they are perhaps missing out on something really amazing.
the troll king can be cool, but its not trundle. They essentially deleted a character some of us loved and replaced him with something ENTIRELY different. I am fine with having a troll king, but Trundle should remain Trundle

Of course, I am not speaking of gameplay (we don't even have any info on that)

There is little reason to remake an existing character when the change is this drastic.

edit: if anything, it would be more limiting the way it is done now, why replace our current troll with another troll idea when we could have two separate very different trolls?