Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyFatHornyTurtle

03-31-2013

and his club looks soo well carved, i just hate it

Xarue

03-31-2013

YESSS, YESSSS AAUGGGGGGaagaaaagaaa, and yes trundle needs this change because he sucks lemons, trundle while a good jungler cant do anything in a fight but get in the way, slows, and feed. Thats probably why no one plays him, becuase of the lemons. The way trundle is right now, he cant even beat an egg, so if riot really if reworking him, change his stupid abilities, but try to keep his pillar. Make the pillar pop out of the ground dealing damage, slows enamies while giving you a speed boost because the W and E skill could of just been mixed together in the first place.

SaraIsLiz

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurryKittenSoup View Post
thats not wat i meant. i just wanted u guys to realise that u r biased because u r butthurt.

PS. just in case u didnt know being biased is a bad thing in any aspect of life.
I agree. No matter who you are and what sitiuation you are in. If you are biased, you are limiting yourself. By these "butthurt fanboys" limiting themselves to "old trundle", they are perhaps missing out on something really amazing.

MrSmileyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraIsLiz View Post
I agree. No matter who you are and what sitiuation you are in. If you are biased, you are limiting yourself. By these "butthurt fanboys" limiting themselves to "old trundle", they are perhaps missing out on something really amazing.
the troll king can be cool, but its not trundle. They essentially deleted a character some of us loved and replaced him with something ENTIRELY different. I am fine with having a troll king, but Trundle should remain Trundle

Of course, I am not speaking of gameplay (we don't even have any info on that)

There is little reason to remake an existing character when the change is this drastic.

edit: if anything, it would be more limiting the way it is done now, why replace our current troll with another troll idea when we could have two separate very different trolls?

deusxmachina32

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraIsLiz View Post

And you are just as biased as us. You like the new Trundle just as much as we dislike it, but calling us butthurt fanboys does nothing but demean yourself.

Nyanphy

04-01-2013

So.... is the new visual upgrade the dancing gif. blue troll one or the redesigned trundle?

I kinda like the redesigned one more

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2013

[Warning: Rant over Riot's treatment of Trundle and periphery races as a whole.]

Riot has a habit of inventing an entire race so that they can make a single champion with no forseeable plans to explore that race further: Alistar, Nami, Fizz, Volibear, and possibly Rengar are examples of this.

I'd like to see more than one champion from these races, with exagerated differences to show a different side of the race.

This would deepen the races by showing the common racial traits the champions share, while emphasizing what makes each champion individual in how they contrast each other.

This Troll King, if launched as a separate champion, would have been a great contrast to Trunde.

One is an outcast hero and runt of the tribe who leans on the power of his curse in a fight, while the other is a king among trolls and displays the full extent of their savagery and brute force.

Both stories would have had something to say about Trolls.

The Troll King's would show how Trolls got their violent reputaion and what violence they are capable of.

Trundle would be a living symbol of how all Trolls are outcasts from other civilizations, and how even a good troll isn't accepted by others.

Instead of creating this contrast and deepening the lore of the Troll race, Riot seems to have decided that just being a troll was Trundle's biggest character feature, and scrapped him for a new icon of their race.

This seems to be a nail in the coffin for real development of periphery races: unless Riot discards the mentality that each race needs only one "iconic" champion.

I was actually a bit offended when I read Morello's post that "if there’s a troll and he’s wielding a club… it’s Trundle!" as if being a troll and using a club was what defined him as a character.

EDIT:

To elaborate on this idea of contrasting characters, here are some rough ideas:

A Minotaur who fights using expertise with a weapon of some variety. Contrasts with Alistar's bare handed brute strength style.

An Ursine shaman who calls on a forbidden power to fight with magic, contrasting Volibear's status as a strong warrior and one chosen by the respected storm spirits.

An elderly or otherwise not nimble member of Fizz's race involved in their disapearence or originating as a gaurdian: using either magic or a radically different fighting style. Contrasts with Fizz's reliance on a fast combat style and his detachment from the city.

tl:dr-

Creating more champions for periphery races would flesh them out more than the current single iconic champion system.

Riot's replacement of a Troll instead of allowing two trolls to exist bodes ill for the development of periphery races.

Shadow Racoon

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
[Warning: Rant over Riot's treatment of Trundle and periphery races as a whole.]

Riot has a habit of inventing an entire race so that they can make a single champion with no forseeable plans to explore that race further: Alistar, Nami, Fizz, Volibear, and possibly Rengar are examples of this.

I'd like to see more than one champion from these races, with exagerated differences to show a different side of the race.

This would deepen the races by showing the common racial traits the champions share, while emphasizing what makes each champion individual in how they contrast each other.

This Troll King, if launched as a separate champion, would have been a great contrast to Trunde.

One is an outcast hero and runt of the tribe who leans on the power of his curse in a fight, while the other is a king among trolls and displays the full extent of their savagery and brute force.

The Troll King's would show how Trolls got their violent reputaion and what violence they are capable of.

Trundle would be a living symbol of how all Trolls are outcasts from other civilizations, and how even a good troll isn't accepted by others.

Instead of creating this contrast and deepening the lore of the Troll race, Riot seems to have decided that just being a troll was Trundle's biggest character feature, and scrapped him for a new icon of their race.

This seems to be a nail in the coffin for real development of periphery races: unless Riot discards the mentality that each race needs only one "iconic" champion.

I was actually a bit offended when I read Morello's post that "if there’s a troll and he’s wielding a club… it’s Trundle!" as if being a troll and using a club was what defined him as a character.

EDIT:

To elaborate on this idea of contrasting characters, here are some rough ideas:

A Minotaur who fights using expertise with a weapon of some variety. Contrasts with Alistar's bare handed brute strength style.

An Ursine shaman who calls on a forbidden power to fight with magic, contrasting Volibear's status as a strong warrior and one chosen by the respected storm spirits.

An elderly or otherwise not nimble member of Fizz's race involved in their disapearence or originating as a gaurdian: using either magic or a radically different fighting style. Contrasts with Fizz's reliance on a fast combat style and his detachment from the city.

tl:dr-

Creating more champions for periphery races would flesh them out more than the current single iconic champion system.

Riot's replacement of a Troll instead of allowing two trolls to exist bodes ill for the development of periphery races.

This is a post that eats Riot ideas alive. These are the kinds of ideas they should be pursuing, as they are interesting and breathe life both into new characters with old ones, and entire races, which could lead to political and racial situations and alliances.

Or they could just can old champs that were "mistakes" that they made anyway, even knowing they were mistakes, which strikes me as disrespectful to us and the characters from the very second of their release as "sub-par".

I hope very much that a Riot employee reads your post and starts a conversation with Morello and Stylus regarding it. Maybe they'll listen to a peer as they aren't listening to their customers.

Holy Malevolence

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post

I would love to see another minotaur.
Or another mermaid. Fairy, fishman, I'd like to see Trundle not get replaced by this halfassed troll king, and all the like.
Though I think Rengar's probably a Rammus-like creature who was mutated into sentience.

MobiIe Ward

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by deusxmachina32 View Post
And you are just as biased as us. You like the new Trundle just as much as we dislike it, but calling us butthurt fanboys does nothing but demean yourself.
WTF!? just because she agrees with me about being biased you assume she likes the new trundle more than the old trundle? she didnt say she liked trundle. you guys are letting your butthurtedness cloud ur mind. and that was exactly my point.