Journey Into The Freljord III: The Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyC6900

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2013

Trundle. :'D
He looks so awesome! Gee Jay you guys. Keep up the reworks!

Micario

03-29-2013

people say there opinions and get disliked for it -.-
look guys im not a fan with this remake either but you dont have to find comments that have people enjoying the remake and dislike it.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micario View Post
people say there opinions and get disliked for it -.-
look guys im not a fan with this remake either but you dont have to find comments that have people enjoying the remake and dislike it.
As I mentioned in another page, the upvote/downvote is to show agreement/dislike. There's a lot of fans without a way to outlet; there's silence on the issue. Anyone downvoted really shouldn't take it personally; it's the best way to show fans of the original simply haven't stopped caring on the issue.

MrSmileyy

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
As I mentioned in another page, the upvote/downvote is to show agreement/dislike. There's a lot of fans without a way to outlet; there's silence on the issue. Anyone downvoted really shouldn't take it personally; it's the best way to show fans of the original simply haven't stopped caring on the issue.
pretty much this, looks like riot doesn't care at all either.

Kat remake kept pretty much everything, new lore that wasn't as good for some reason but still the same character.

Karma kept most of her kit, and her general appearance, her lore progressed her story to a new point, same character, evolved.

Trundle...is pretty much being deleted, they are trashing EVERYTHING, we don't know the kit but visually/aesthetically, his character, his story, EVERYTHING, even his traditional skin inst even a hint of his previous self.

In previous remakes riot said they wanted to keep what the fans, even if few, loved about their champion, or try to, while making them better. So why do this to trundle? Why remove everything his fans like about the character entirely? Trundle, like Karma, had his fans, hell I remember seeing him in the world tourneys too, so why are they pretty much punching his fans in the teeth and leaving them nothing?

The ice troll king should be a new character, this isn't like karma where is an evolved self, it literally Is an entirely different character, literally nothing has been offered to the previous trundle fans.

They said they wouldn't change heimer's appearance, or much because his fans liked the way he looks, they likely wont touch his lore either, so why treat trundle fans like this?

Kyattsu

03-30-2013

I don't mind remaking the character and the lore into something different. The new Trundle has a pretty good design for that base skin although it's obvious the only thing really kept over from old Trundle is the fact he has a big club.

The thing that irks me about this visual update though, is the fact that the traditional skin is so unlike the Trundle we know and love. Now massive and bulky, has a completely different face, and comes across as a completely different character dressed up as old Trundle. It seems the same to me as remaking a character like Teemo and just taking Teemos outfit and putting it on someone like Draven and saying that's now the traditional skin.

What's the point of making this Traditional skin if it carries none of the charm of the original design? Just feels like there'll be nothing left of the Trundle I like.

Shadow Racoon

03-30-2013

Bump.

Muranodo

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Racoon View Post
Bump.
Probably a bit silly to bump. Most of the last few pages already covered all the dislike/what we feel Riot did wrong; it's good to see you so enthusiastic.

Invisible Man

03-30-2013

Trundle looks like he came from World of Warcraft.

Shadow Racoon

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muranodo View Post
Probably a bit silly to bump. Most of the last few pages already covered all the dislike/what we feel Riot did wrong; it's good to see you so enthusiastic.
I just wanted to be sure that when Riot got back from their weekend at WeDontGiveaDamnVille, they might just see that people care, and bother to respond to us for the first time in several days. Wishful thinking I suppose.

The Souler

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
What’s this…? Is this… a troll?

What’s a troll doing in the Freljord? Are we… trolling you?

[aws3]news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/NewTrundleDance.gif[/aws3]

On a more serious note, some of you will probably guess that if there’s a troll and he’s wielding a club… it’s Trundle! So we wanted to give you a taste of what’s to come, namely Trundle’s relaunch and his reimagining in the icy north.

While old Trundle certainly had a unique narrative and visual design, we always felt he was disconnected from the rest of the world. This inhibited the number of stories we could tell with Trundle and, well, we want to tell stories about him. Trundle’s upcoming changes include a gameplay update (more of a quality improvement than a rework – similar in scope to our Taric changes in [URL2="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeH8HzGi3sc&t=01m57s"]3.03[/URL2]), a new ice-themed aesthetic (if you couldn’t guess), and a new story that ties Trundle to the brewing conflict in the Freljord.

Stay tuned in the coming weeks, because we’ve got plans for Trundle – not to mention that Trundle has plans of his own!

You’ll have to wait to hear more, but here’s something to tide you over. [URL2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3224791"]As with Karma’s relaunch[/URL2], anyone who owns Trundle before his relaunch will get this Traditional Trundle (has a nice ring to it) skin for free:

[aws2="news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/Trundle_Traditional_Comic.jpg"]news/March_2013/03_25_2013_-_teaser/Trundle_Traditional_Comic_thumb.jpg[/aws2]
Another lore change? Unnecessary, just make the physical rework. In fact you ruined a couple of champions with those.