Feedback on Ranked System S3 :D

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CounterSnipe

03-25-2013

I was going to post this topic yesterday after being trolled out of two separate promotion attempts, but after realizing i'd written a page of rage I decided to cool off and post this today.

So, I don't really mind this new ranked system as a whole. It's really just the old ladder we had except now you can't fall out of your league, bronze, silver, etc. I really like that because I had a tendency of going from 800 to 1500 elo all of last season, but now i'm locked into a specific range and can only go up. I really like that.

One thing I'm upset with (and in all honesty I think i'm unlucky or something) is the promotion system. I was recently demoted two ranks (or leagues?) and reached the point of being promoted yesterday (the best of 3 thing).

So I went into my best of 3, broke even on the first 2 games, and then someone afked my final game and I lost it by default. Needless to say I was upset, but w/e. I'll just do it again.

Then I won a game, got to the promotion status thing again, broke even in my first 2 games. But then in my 3rd game two people afked. That's right. two. So I lost my promotion again.

I really don't think this is fair... I mean, I'm not going to make a rage post, and rant, but this really isn't cool.

I was thinking that instead of completely losing my chance to be promoted, I could be given a loss forgiven due to the afkers, but still get a LP penalty for losing. This way, I can still try for my promotion, but still get a penalty for losing.

It's just really frustrating to do the whole promotion thing two times in one day, only to get hit with multiple afker games and lose it. It's like I'm not even getting a chance to increase my rank :\

Anyway, thanks for reading.

JJNharwal

03-25-2013

Teh messiah is here

Elsabet

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterSnipe View Post
and then someone afked my final game and I lost it by default.
I don't understand, did your leaver somehow trigger an auto-surrender?

More to the point- losses just need to be forgiven more readily, I agree.