Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ADC Positioning

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flyingturtlelol

03-25-2013

At the moment, my worst role is adc. I lane well, often beating my opponent in cs and coming into team fights somewhere around 3/1/0 in an average game. In team fights, I have some issues. I can play ezreal in team fights, but only if i got BT/Iceborn Gauntlet and just kite and use my ulti to help on their carries. But on my other two favorite adcs, Miss Fortune and Kog Maw, I just cannot play mid game. On Kog, I eventually get to the point where i can melt anyone and just kill the closest target, but in mid game what should i be doing? If I go for their carries, it draws me forward and their team jumps on me. If i try to just stay back and hit whoever is in range, our team gets mad at me for targeting tanks and such. What should I be doing in these mid game team fights?

SeCKS Egai

03-25-2013

In a team fight, the only time you really should be engaging the enemy adc is if they come to you.

Your priority should be to deal as much damage as fast as possible to whoever you can relatively safely. Since you're probably not going to have anyone peeling for you, let the bruisers worry about the enemy adc.

Aquae

03-25-2013

What this guy said, if your team thinks you should be putting yourself on the front line they lack a basic understanding of what an ADC should do. In solo Q at your level you should be standing at your max attack range hitting whoever is closest to you.

Legion of Darkne

03-25-2013

Agreed as an ADC you just to try to deal as much damage to whoever you can, and try to stay behind your tank or bruiser as much as possible, they can take the blunt of the damage allowing you to dish out your own damage to the enemy team.