Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pick Order or Calling in ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stunlol

03-25-2013

So which one is it. Im in a game now where some crybaby is harrassing me because i "took" his jungle when he was the pick immediately below me. He decided he would play Lux with flash/ghost waiting on the game to load now so we will see how he plays but im expecting trolling

ChillxIGotThis

Recruiter

03-25-2013

Pick order.

Louise Valliere

03-25-2013

Team communication is better, if possible.

Escape Artist

03-25-2013

Well, pick order. But make sure, the team knows exactly what happens so you don't end up getting Nidalee support.

footfoe

03-25-2013

forget about calls or pick order, just pick what makes you happy and lane where ever you're needed.

CiT0

03-25-2013

yea just tell them where you are going so if you pick ahead of them they arent shocked if you just go with the flow you will end up support 90% of the games.which i dont mind playing its just sometimes i would like to play another lane

RYP Jericho

03-25-2013

The team should communicate but pick breaks ties.

Gandr Adderbane

03-25-2013

I personally support call order. If you decide to ignore what your teammates want and go and do your own thing, you're not going to be working together very well. Since teamwork is so important (especially in ranked) you need to communicate.

RYP Jericho

03-25-2013

Quote:
Gandr Adderbane:
I personally support call order. If you decide to ignore what your teammates want and go and do your own thing, you're not going to be working together very well. Since teamwork is so important (especially in ranked) you need to communicate.

the problem with that is that there's often dispute in call order. Because of server lag it isn't uncommon for two members to both think they called a role first. Pick order isn't disputable.

I tend to list my position of preference and offer to switch if the last pick feels uncomfortable in a role. I'm best at top for example but can play any role adequately.

Cyan292

03-25-2013

Quote:
NxF Signav:
Team communication is better, if possible.

This ^^. People who refuse to do anything other then say things like "pick order noob" or "I pick first so deal with it kid" only cause more problems on the team. If people would just talk it out, 90% of the time things can be worked out peacefully.

For example. I was second pick yesterday on my team and last pick wanted jungle, which is the role I wanted to play and had called. I gave it to him though and played support to give him a break from playing support. We won...and no one trolled. All because we talked it out in champion selection. This is teamwork and is what most of the LoL community needs to learn how to do.