Being rude in all chat, Reportable or Genius Strategy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mendeleyev

03-25-2013

So I just got out of a long game, and I hate long games. This is off topic, move on to next paragraph for the real topic. But seriously, the throws. The longer the game, the more people want to throw. I hate it. I hate it so much. I wish the game had an in-game voice chat so I could finally tell people to "EFFING STOP CHASING YOU TURDS!"....In much nicer language of course.

But to be serious, I get so stupid flustered when the enemy team says "Fail" If you slip up and make a mistake. It just bugs me a lot. But I wonder if that is what they want and they are being offensive or if they are trying to fluster me to make more mistakes.

I always report people who are like that, even if they do it once. It is indicative of a toxic attitude and I would HATE to see them in a losing game. Especially because the one who says "fail" is usually the one screaming "NOOB 1V1 ME, 420 BLAZE IT FGTS" when they get caught out of position.

What do you think, is it a genius strategy to attempt to fluster your enemies or is it just reportable and should be banned for it?

seavngarde

03-25-2013

Do you ever read what the trolls que? I don't think they're genius.

FrazzledMelon

03-25-2013

For the most part it's 10-year old behavior. Not worth reporting if it's once. Certainly if it's constant.

RYP Jericho

03-25-2013

I use all chat strategically, but only as a last resort. I try to win with my abilities but if I can't win my lane and I see them doing well and bragging in all chat I look for cracks in the opposing armor. If they sit there bragging I try and break them. During a teamfight if our team manages to win (easy when the opposition gets cocky) I cause in-fighting with the opposing team. It doesn't work every time but I've seen teams throw games because of all the fighting they do instead of working towards a win.

Worst Iee sin

03-25-2013

It makes for a very nice strategy. If my team is down 5-10 kills, a quick "umadbro?" or "outplayed" after a teamfight usually gets at least 1 opponent raging. After one of them started cursing in all chat, their gameplay quickly goes downhill as they start the blame game. It works surprisingly well actually. It always amazes how many people take a slightly derogative remark to heart and just go off the hook.

Elsabet

03-25-2013

I think the opposing team is most flustered when I do well and say absolutely nothing. Any ******* can say "fail" or "umad?" Those types of phrases just remind me of a loser who is excited to be winning for a change (i.e. someone highly beatable.)

Someone who destroys my team and does so humbly seems that much more cool, calm, collected, and difficult to turn things around on.