duo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bige125

03-24-2013

so my friend and i started duoing bot, i support he adc, yesterday and we are both low bronze lvl players but within a day we have both gone up a divison. Really shows how communication can change a game...there have been multiple games where our team has thanked us for carrying. we are bronze because we deserve to be here but we are getting better and are trying our best to climb out!

xNameless

03-25-2013

That's good to hear! Laning together in duo queue is always a plus (really though, duo queue in general is a plus).

Keep in mind, as you get closer to your natural skill level, the amount of points you get per game will decrease. Right now, I'm still getting/losing like 20 points per game, because matchmaking hasn't settled what my skill range is. This will come as you play more games.

bige125

03-25-2013

yea only gaining 8-12 LP per game now, makes it hard since if i lose a game i lose at least that much sometimes more. oh well, just have to get that mmr up

Elsabet

03-25-2013

Good job man. Nice assist numbers on your history. Just don't neglect learning other roles in case you are made to play elsewhere besides duo bot.

Also, as y'all get higher in rank, you may just find that snowballing in one lane is not enough. I really believe that the best plan for duo is to specifically not lane together, so that you can spread your influence out. My ideal is Top and Jungle. If both are good and can be trusted, Top can win her lane, and Jungle can focus on Mid and Bottom to ensure that they at least do not lose theirs.

If y'all can really snowball hard on bottom, that should get you out of Bronze even, but if your jungler isn't particularly attentive and theirs is, this strategy probably won't work. Good luck though!

bige125

03-25-2013

if i dont play support my next best is jungle and his next best is mid, so thats good, we play those roles in normals so they are still fresh..thanks for the advice though!

Elsabet

03-25-2013

Mid and jungle works too of course, as then you could both help out both bottom and top. Personally I prefer the Top and Jungle pairing since it allows jungler to simply never have to go to the top side of the map, making him seemingly ever-present on the bottom half. :-)