Question about rank & LP points.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fridge

03-24-2013

Why am I getting +8 and +9 each game while I lose -18, - 17. This is getting frustrating, I can't get out of plat V because i manage to win 2 then lose 1 ;-; please help Riot I just wanna know why I get so little, I'm at 34 points, was just 0 and won 4 games. Is this normal?

TempestsFury

03-25-2013

Exact same thing happening to myself friend, I am in Silver V tho. Have been for a while.

Except I get about 4-6 per game, and lose... minimum 15 per loss. I can not think of anything I can do. I have been going positive in my win/loss lately.

I seriously don't know what to do... I feel I am a pretty good league player. Have played over 3000 games in total.

Bumping this.

Escape Artist

03-25-2013

The way the system works, is you get say 24 LP from a win in Bronze 5. Silver 5 win you get 20, gold you get 16, Platinum you get 12, Diamond you get 8. These are Maximum numbers, it works like diffusion. So you will win 2 lose 1 and so on. so your wins and losses Balance out by going at the same rate. You'll get out you just need to improve from your skill level now.

LysandersHammer

03-25-2013

I read somewhere that the game has an elo that it thinks that you should be at. If you are below what the game thinks you should be, then you will get a lot from winning and only lose a little bit from each loss. This is to help you get in the elo that you should be. If you are above where the game thinks that you should be, then it is the opposite. The game gives you so few points for a win because it thinks that you should be in a lower division. It sucks, but that is the way that it works!

Elsabet

03-25-2013

Definitely the highest rated obliviousness I've seen. Many threads about this- usually from Bronze IV's.