Champion Bluepill

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

redit

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

I don't see how the Bluepill prevents ganking. If you want to gank a player, it's generally because he's pushed too far down your lane, or you're able to lure him - in either of these cases, Bluepill's channel time should take too long, so you're able to damage the fellow before he can "pill out", in effect forcing him to run home or die fighting.
It does contribute to a shorter game, but that's one of the points of LoL; The games are supposed to take about 30 minutes (which, currently, they don't).

Kub

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

Bluepill is amazing it's not the best escape ,but it's really beats the run back and it's not that great now considering the not lose gold when you die and can purchase items when dead and not to mention if used with teleport correctly it will not slow the time staying at a lane because the ability to teleport will help getting back there fast as if never left.

Ofcourse this is all to make the games shorter and much more fighting involved ,but it also makes it too easy to survive longer because less risks will be taken when needing to go back and get some stuff or regenerate life.

Edwy

The Council

07-13-2009

Yeah....no chance the blue pill is going away. I love it!

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

I must agree with this feature. 8 seconds is a long time and it's interrupted by a sneeze.

Back in DOTA someone could port out in ~3 seconds and the teleport was only interrupted by a stun. THAT screwed up ganking a HELL of a lot more.

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

Games last too long as it is. Suggesting the removal of a feature that helps to reduce game times is preposterous.

Astorax

Recruiter

07-13-2009

One of your primary things you list is that it would increase game length.

That's EXACTLY what the devs are wanting to avoid. They have been focusing quite a bit over the development time we've been here emphasizing that they want to keep game length down compared to DotA.

Removing bluepill would do exactly what you say it would, increase game times.

youthere

07-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusAudley View Post
Games last too long as it is. Suggesting the removal of a feature that helps to reduce game times is preposterous.
^ This

Also the idea of putting cooldown on bluepill is ridiculous, if you're bluepilling every 30 seconds, your XP and gold income is going to be insanely stifled.

Also, I don't think anyone wants longer games, many people regard DoTA as being pretty damn boring. I'd prefer shorter games of LoL to be honest, the recent changes to towers has made defending very easy, thus games are last 50+ minutes when they should have been over at 30.

Zanzu

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

I see the blue pill was one of the major things that seperates LoL from DotA gameplay wise, its easy to get back to base and if you have teleport on your hero you're only out of combat for a small portion of a wave if that when timed well to get your shopping done, makes for a lot less downtime where in dota it takes forever to be able to get your shopping done. yeah, dota is the roots of LoL but that doesn't mean everything needs to be the same, there are tons of similarities but its the differences which will really let LoL stand alone as its own game.

-edit-
Agreeing with Shaod's post (one right after this one)

Shaod

07-13-2009

At first I hated the idea of bluepill, but it definitely helps the gameplay become a lot more fun.

rogerchew

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZileasAKATcadwell View Post
We made the value judgement that running to base = un-fun, that buying items = fun, and that combat = fun.

So we added recall in order to maximize the fun activities, and reduce the un-fun activities.
what about running back to lane? that's very un-fun...

i say instead of going to the fountain, why not bring the shop+fountain to you!!
hahahah, i kid.