A guide to resolving patcher/launcher errors

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2010

Everyone, I've made an FTP Repository of the LoL Individual files. Please give that a go. The full .zip is still not functional, I'll upload that to the FTP soon!

kilk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2010

[ERROR] Unable to verify source for expansion [C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\DATA\CFG\defaults\Game.cfg]

does any 1 know where i can get a spare one of these? i tried to download it off the 2nd site thats been put up, but when i click it on, it comes up with text. and when i try to open the file in my folder, it just asks me what i want to run it with.

Ashenmoor

11-06-2010

I am getting the error "The launcher has experienced an error. Please restart the application." When I restart the application I keep getting the error and one have advice on this?

Chillywolfy

11-06-2010

iam sorry if iam asking stupid question ... what is FTP?? O.o

Eambo

11-06-2010

If you go here:

ftp://ftp.wrench-box.com/

Using username: anonymous@wrench-box.com
Password: blank

You can go to the League of Legends folder and download whatever file you're missing :-)

ZkullCandy

11-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenmoor View Post
I am getting the error "The launcher has experienced an error. Please restart the application." When I restart the application I keep getting the error and one have advice on this?
Well i'm having this problem since yesterday , i downloaded a new one , install and uninstall 6 times or more and it keeps giving me headache:S

Eambo

11-06-2010

It's normal to continue getting the error as I mentioned - you have to open up the patcher_lib.log again, find the next error, replace that file, continue.

Eambo

11-06-2010

These files are intended for the US version of the game - as long as you're using the US version then these should work fine :-)

ZkullCandy

11-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eambo View Post
These files are intended for the US version of the game - as long as you're using the US version then these should work fine :-)
k , ima updating my LoL again, to search the error and try to fix it , i opend the FTp but dunno what to doo with it .__. , i didnt recognized the file missing

Eambo

11-06-2010

Well, if you open the error, it'll say something like:

Error: Could not find file: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\Data\Cfg\Game.cfg

If you log into the ftp, and open "League of Legends" you will then see the folder Game, then Data, Then Cfg, then game.cfg

Right click the missing file, save it over your corrupt one, and try again :-)