A guide to resolving patcher/launcher errors

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Goook Face II View Post
Excuse me, but I don't really get how to download your stuff from the FTP link you gave. Not too techy here, but I'm willing to go through the steps if you can tell me. Thanks.

- Open up a windows Explorer folder (EG: My Documents)
- In the address bar, type ftp.wrench-box.com and press enter
- When prompted for User/Password, type "anonymous@wrench-box.com" and nothing for password.
- When logged in, simply copy the file "League of Legends" locally - it can't be much simpler!

Note that the current files are from the LAST patch - I'm uploading the files now but it was a fairly big patch. Keep an eye here/front page for news when it's updated.

Aeraden

11-16-2010

Instead of downloading the whole League of Legends folder you posted via FTP or w/e it is.. I am downloading just the files/folders that have been modified today, which I assume are the newer patch files. I'm hoping this works. Because all the other files are older and should in theory be the same as the ones in patch 104. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

-Aeraden

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2010

Aeraden, that will work, and is listed on the front page - however not all the files have been uploaded yet - so you'll get a mix of the old ones and new ones.

I think another 10 minutes should finish the upload, but I'll post to confirm.

Slappy101

11-16-2010

Are the files in the folder updated yet? When will the single ZIP file be updated? Says it's last update was Nov 6

I downloaded map1.zip from the folder and replaced but I still get the archive invalidation error for it.

Eambo

11-16-2010

The Zip will not be updated - the entire FTP folder will be updated, which is where you can download the entire folder from anyway.

I'm still working on updating, it decided to shoot up to over an hour, yay! :-(

notvrygud

11-16-2010

hi again just downloaded the new patch and i have the same error i did from the last patch, Expand [Air\META-INF\signatures.xml] diff[1] from [LOL.Air_70_68to70]
11/16/2010 14:46 [ERROR] Unable to verify source for expansion [C:\Users\Lance\Desktop\lOl\Air\META-INF\signatures.xml, i fixed it by downloading your whole lol folder, i asume replacing the file wont work again, but will try any way, any other advice to fix it?

Eambo

11-16-2010

Funnily, I got that error myself when patching, had to get my girlfriend to send me her working version, and replacing it worked. But again, I'm still uploading the files unfortunately :-(

Slappy101

11-16-2010

Thanks Eambo hope to see them soon, or hope to see the ACE update soon :P

Jtgam

11-16-2010

There's gotta be a better way to do this than make your customers go through this on every patch. It's as simple as making the patcher do what you make your customers do.

Example: Make the patcher reference the file on the computer being updated vs the file on the FTP database, or whatever it references against. If it doesn't match, instead of the patcher going "ERROR, PLEASE RETRY!" make it repair the file that it says is erroneous.

Just a thought, but I think people would be much happier with the product. And you'd probably have more people playing the game, instead of sitting here and raging at their monitors. And probably quitting the game.

As an afterthought, even having a working and fully updated FTP database before the mandatory patch hit would make me happy, but probably not everyone.

Eambo

11-16-2010

This is completely player maintained, I am not Riot, I pay for this FTP myself (hence it's own domain), and I do not have access to their patches prior to release. So yeah I had to wait for it to be released, patch (which errored 3 times in the process X.x) then upload the files =-/