Dominating Top Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowWrath5

03-24-2013

Hello everybody! I love playing top lane but sometimes im countered bad and it just makes for a hellish time. Well I have created a list of champions to where no matter what is top lane I can counter them of at least have a safe pick. I know I may have multiple champs for certain counters but that is to be able to have good team comp as well. I have this so far:

Shen, Darius, Irelia, Renekton, Fiora, Akali, Diana, Elise, Kayle, Jayce, Kennen (AP or AD), Kha'Zix, Nidalee (hybrid), Nocturne, Riven, and Talon.

Now are there any champions that I would not have an answer to? If so tell me and who I would need to add to have better coverage top. Thank You!

Shallow Cubes

03-24-2013

Yorick. But as the saying goes, when Yorick walks into a bar, there is no counter.

Now, I don't know how much to believe in that saying, but good counters will involve people that combine sustain with long range, unblockable poke. Cho'gath and Nunu are listed as good counters to him, which is understandable given their kits.

You might argue Nidalee as a counter, since she has the sustain, but he can use his ghouls to block spears easily enough (hence my mention of "unblockable" poke). You might be able to range poke with Jayce, too, but he can still drop a ghoul to eat the bullet if need be, and Jayce has no sustain, so constant harass will be the death of him.

Lethadind

03-24-2013

I wouldn't worry about learning all these champions so you can always have "a counter" to every champion. The "counter" isn't so much important as the skill with the champion. In fact being obsessed with "counters" is indicative of a fairly lazy mindset (you want to win without trying, which, I'm all about "work smarter not harder," but there comes a point where it's "Work less, not harder" in your head)

I play Garen often and 9 times out of 10 I can beat his "counters" such as Vlad, Teemo, and Jayce, simply because I know how they harass and I know how to get around it. Usually people will pick these champs because they think "OOOH, Teemo counters Garen, so I'm gonna pick Teemo" without having extensive knowledge of the champion. I tear these guys apart.

Work on learning two or three top champs (at most) really well, rather than learning like 10 so you can have an "OP Counter" to any champion. Trust me, you'll win a lot more.

Snowbi Wan

03-24-2013

To be honest, unless you're playing at a really high level the idea of countering in champion select seems crazy to me. If you and your opponent don't make mistakes then certainly champion balance is extremely important. But two average players are going to make enough mistakes to make countering irrelevant.

I'd venture to guess that most of the time when things go wrong it is because you just didn't play it right.

M3GaL0d0n

03-25-2013

Counters in traditional sense don't really exist in League, this is a carry over term from DoTA and much of the community failed to understand its new meaning.

But to answer your question. None of the champions you have listed are a reliable counter to Urgot. Contrary to popular belief Urgot is the farthest thing from an ADC you will find in the League while still being both ranged and an AD champion. Solo top Urgot can kite almost every champion you've listed for days on end and only truly suffers if he is ganked. I would highly recommend you at least play him a few times to learn his few weaknesses during laning so you can deal with him if you see him.

In addition to Urgot, Singed can royally screw over most of the champions you've listed as well. Add him to your lineup or suffer the consequences.

BudgetNinja

04-13-2013

Diamond 1 Kennen Guide:http://www.lolking.net/guides/49568-----Bump