What are some good team comps for season 3 and why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

La Tortuga

03-24-2013

I stopped playing league for a while and came back to it, but I am falling behind with understanding the new champs and new team comps. What are some good comps for ranked and why?

La Tortuga

03-24-2013

bump!

Occurate

03-24-2013

Tanks.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

The most successful compositions tend to have a decent balance of AP and AD. Not to sound vague, but really you need a team that works well together more than a specific team. Some champions just synergize well.

Your AOE team comps like Amumu/Anivia/Fiora/Miss Fortune/Nunu work well

Or your second life teams like Mordekaiser/Yorick/Zed/Vayne/Leona Bot work great(Zed is there as the assassin to kill their carry so Morde can use it. You could easily use any assassin that jungles well there.)

Just put champions that work really well together. Like Zilean/Olaf when Zilean speeds up Olaf on his ultimate there is no stopping him. Oh and then when you kill him he comes back to life.

Evelynn also works wonders with Zilean as her speed is already Rediculous and with his speed up there is no running anywhere from her.

Zyra/Heimerdinger can really change a game if they can get the chase going and set up a bush for the enemy to instantly regret going into.

Jayce/Lux or Nidalee have such superior poke abilities that if you can avoid being engaged you can win every fight from afar.

Rengar/Yi/Sivir make an incredible push combo and can take 2 towers down in no time flat.

There isn't any one team comp that works better than others, its just about having champions that mesh really well with other champions . Or even playstyles that mesh well with each other.

I have friends I don't play very well with because my play style is much more aggressive than theirs and I tend to get hung out to dry because they are scared to go in.

If you're with a premade fives, find what you are all good at and work around what you're good at and have common goal like "Doing a lot of AOE damage" or "Eliminating carries immediately" or "Pushing towers quickly" and having team combos that you will want to work on.

Mickey the Mouse

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magyar830 View Post
Tanks.
because of this, vayne... dont mistake her kit for an AS spam, though. She just has a crapton of burst for an adc that helps her help your team burst down tanks. On top of it, silver bolts lolz.

Dpaladinx

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricit View Post
because of this, vayne... dont mistake her kit for an AS spam, though. She just has a crapton of burst for an adc that helps her help your team burst down tanks. On top of it, silver bolts lolz.
Kog'maw says "Hi."

Note that Vayne needs three shots in her Silver bolts to tear down a tank. Kog'maw anti-tank W is per hit.

Across from that, I've been seeing a bit more CC/long range oriented teams a bit more than gap-closer type teams.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

You guys are both off topic, vastly. And Talon/Fizz/Zed/LeBlanc/ says "Hi."

Dpaladinx

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephroth View Post
You guys are both off topic, vastly. And Talon/Fizz/Zed/LeBlanc/ says "Hi."
Gap closers mean nothing if you are going against a heavy CC team. I had games where I got screwed over as Fizz because someone manages to hard CC me.

I have agree with Sephiroth here when it comes down to team composition. If you have a hypercarry like Kog'maw or Tristana or someone who prefers poking at someone, you'll need a team that can help absorb a lot of damage and do a lot of good ganking as well as someone who can help peel and protect the carry. If you have someone with good AoE (like Amumu), then mix it with champions that can do lots of AoE as well (Graves, Miss Fortune, Ziggs, and Ezreal comes into play). If you want to win the game early, try having a team that are good pushers.

It all comes down to who are you dealing with and such. A balanced team is great, but there are some teams that are oriented in one way for another. For example, if you see an enemy team that has a lot of gap closers with them, then consider having your team with lots of good CC, pushers, and AoE in the mix.

MySmallSack

12-29-2013

all tanks is pretty fun!

Madraac

12-31-2013

All tank teams are not fun, and tend to lose as even one ADC with BotRK and kiting ability will decimate your team.

To the OP, season 3 and as we move to season 4 is still dominated by the health meta, where teams tend to have or utilize health champs, thus seeing more bruiser types roaming around. Typically you will have at least 2 tanky types on a team, expecially in lower divisions / elo as people assume you MUST have tanks, but that is still not necessarily true. Mechanics still trump any one meta....

Team comps - listen to what is above as there are so many synergies and you need to find ones that work for you and your playstyle.