Creativity is not Trolling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armageddal

03-24-2013

This is going to be a long, delayed project, since I am currently in the crunch period of university. Major assignments due trumps this rework unfortunately.

Re-make of my "Creativity is not Trolling (AD Malzahar)" thread (currently in the Champion Feedback forum) is underway. This is primarily being done to change the format to a large multi-guide thread instead of a case study, and also to move the thread to the correct forum location.

Thanks,

Armageddal

~Notices~

*The objective of this thread is to enlighten the community on the topic of 'creative' builds, in other words builds that are not 'normal'. I would like to make it perfectly clear that this thread is not encouraging trolling. I encourage players to try interesting builds, and to not dismiss and/or harass players who do choose to use them; however, I acknowledge that some builds are purely detrimental to one's team (such as AP caster Vayne). I don't personally believe this is 'trolling' as long as the player is using a Lich Bane and Deathfire Grasp, and is still attempting to contribute to the game, but I also acknowledge that it's far too ineffective to help the team, and is therefore an offence. It's about defining where the line between 'effective' and 'ineffective' is drawn, and trying to convince players of a more lenient point of view.*

*I would like to make a distinction between viability and random builds that don't really classify as trolling. In my opinion, a "viable" build is any build in which the champion's stats and abilities can be used effectively, or at least to some degree. Building Xerath as an AD carry is an example of a build that is "random, but not trolling"; it can be used, but none of his abilities offer any sort of notable effect when he is building as an AD carry. On the other hand, AD Mordekaiser is "viable" because he has an incredibly damaging physical scaling ability with his Mace of Spades, an AoE DoT that adds durability, and an ultimate which does significant damage while also making an even stronger ghost than the AP Mordekaiser version.*

Armageddal

03-24-2013

~Guides~

AD Carry Orianna

Orianna is traditionally a utility mage. She excels at dealing moderate magic damage and at helping her team. However, she can also be played as a utility ADC. Never heard of this tag? Not surprising... people don't think they exist, and they prefer their carries to be "pure damage dealers", but AD Orianna brings a lot to the team and to herself.

First of all, why does it work? Orianna's passive is the key reason that she can function as an ADC. It deals bonus magic damage on her basic attacks, starting with a flat amount determined by her level, and adding 15% of her AP to that damage (not that useful as an ADC). It also stacks on a target up to two times, adding 20% to it's damage on her second attack, and another 20% on her third, capping at +40% magic damage. The level scaling for this damage is 10/18/26/34/42/50, making her maximum magic damage at level 18 a whopping 70 damage. Compare this to carries with similar functions, and you'll see that it is actually superior:

-Miss Fortune's Rank 5 Impure Shots = 56 (+20% AP) maximum damage after 4 stacks.

-Varus's Blighted Quiver deals 26 (+25% AP) on basic attacks at Rank 5.

Orianna's base stats and scaling are reasonable for an AD carry. Her base attack damage is only 44 (+2.6), but her attack speed is very high at 0.658 (+3.5%).

As a utility ADC, Orianna is different. Rather than having spells that scale off of AD and are offensively oriented, she has very defensive spells. Becase of her skillset, Orianna can essentially support herself. Paired with a support as her lane partner, this ability can be devastating to the enemy lane. While she lacks scaling burst damage, Orianna is almost impossible for her enemy to damage or burst. As AD Orianna you will want to max your E first, granting you a massive +30 Armour/MR passive, along with a shield. The durability granted from your ball will cause your shield and health and any other shields and heals to be worth far more. Orianna also brings a variety of versatile CC to her team. Orianna's ultimate still remains one of the best in the game even without AP, due to it's ability to "wombo combo" with other AoE abilities. It also gives Orianna a strong AoE CC in lane, which is excellent for setting up a gank, avoiding ganks, interrupting various channels, and securing kills. Combined with her W, she is very difficult to chase. On top of all of this, Orianna can give these benefits to her allies! All of these benefits culminate in the fact that AD Orianna is extremely difficult to counter: poke will not bother her, hard engages are extremely easy for her to turn around, and she is very good at escaping ganks.

Orianna is a damage threat throughout the entire game (due to her passive) and is very difficult to kill in the late game once she has built some durability. Building health on Orianna is more effective than on other carries because she gains natural durability from her ball. Combined with Warmog's Armour, this makes her able to stand and fight many enemies that would ordinarily be impossible for an ADC to fight head on. Despite this, she is also quite good at kiting and escaping attackers due to her W, although she lacks the ability to dash over walls and has less mobility than many other carries. In team fights, a good chasing bruiser can shut her down (such as Olaf), but assassins will not trouble her too much (due to her natural durability). Other durability items also work wonders on her, combined with her natural durability. Randuin's Omen will essentially give her the armour of a tank, although she will lack the tanks' health. If magic damage is a problem, try building Banshee's Veil.

Orianna should build lifesteal early, as her health is worth a lot more than other carries, causing the life she gains back to be more effective. I recommend starting with a Bloodthirster into a Phantom Dancer, followed by Last Whisper or Infinity Edge. If you are snowballing, build your durability earlier to become extremely hard to take down.

Many supports work well with Orianna. Sustain is excellent on her, giving her more high-value health back; Shields are also excellent, and you can be shielded for ~500 damage if you stack your shield with your support's. Auras are also excellent, since it will put her durability through the roof. Arguably the best support to pair her with is Taric, since his W aura will cause her to be extremely durable and makes it almost impossible for the enemy carry to deal with you in lane. Taric is also naturally tanky, which complement's Orianna's own supporting powers.

I recommend Barrier and Flash for summoner spells, for obvious reasons. Orianna lacks a blink ability, so flash is a must. Barrier is very effective, again due to her natural durability increasing its value. Combining Barrier, your E, and an ally's shield can shield you for ~1000 damage.

Have fun enraging your enemies with your innate tankiness.

Bruiser Fizz

Bruiser Fizz has been around for a long time, although it has changed with the Season 3 item changes. Originally it was common to run Trinity Atmogs as his core (coincidentally the build that SivHD uses for his Fizz in my Hands video).

However, the season 3 changes perfected my own bruiser Fizz build:

*denotes core item

*Ninja Tabi
*Spirit of the Ancient Golem
*Wit's End
*Iceborn Gauntlet
Warmog's Armour/Randuin's Omen
Rylai's Crystal Scepter

Fizz has always had very strong early game damage, and when built as an assassin, this allowed him to snowball early. Unfortunately, AP Fizz is weak late game due to his somewhat weak damage (his burst is pretty good, but a lot of the damage comes from his DoT, which is not what an assassin wants to be depending on). His E was also half of his burst, but using his E for burst damage cost him his escape, forcing him to become an "all-in" assassin to unleash his full potential.

With a bruiser build, Fizz is centered around his W's damage instead of his Q + Lich Bane damage. Sheen is still a core item on him, and I usually buy it first, after finishing my spirit stone and tier 1 boots (although there is a lot of freedom with this build - you can also rush Wit's End or Spirit of the Ancient Golem).

This build gives Fizz late game viability by making him extremely durable, while also allowing him to deal significant damage over time. This build is not intended to assassinate squishies (and it lacks the burst to do so), but it can still push them away from a fight. This build excels at fighting on the frontline.

Ninja Tabi synergizes very well with Fizz's passive, which reduces damage taken from basic attacks. This makes Fizz very durable in the early game. Combined with Fizz's naturally high early game damage output, you can control your jungle without fear (Fizz is capable of 1v1ing most junglers).

Fizz's high early game damage and extremely high mobility make him an extremely strong ganker. The majority of his gank damage comes from his Q combo (Q damage + W active damage + W passive damage + red buff + ignite). If this is not enough to take down your target, you can also chase down fleeing enemies with Q and E (E is especially useful against enemies who flash, assuming you didn't use it as a gap closer initially). I always run Smite and Ignite when jungling, because Fizz's strong collection of mobility spells and crowd control spells allows him to escape most situations without flash.

Most of the items don't need much explanation. Rylai's Crystal Scepter is often my final item, just for the additional burst and health. The slow is still useful if you mistime a Iceborn Gauntlet proc.
_________

"Frontline" Evelynn

This build gives Evelynn the durability needed to fight head on, while maintaining a high enough damage output to be a threat. This is an AD-based build.

So without further ado:

-Merc Treads (usually, since you'll want the Tenacity, but Ninja Tabi are good if you want to be chasing the enemy AD carry, but then you'll have to get tenacity elsewhere).
-Trinity Force (or Iceborn Gauntlet)
-Spirit of the Elder Lizard
-Blade of the Ruined King (Or Statikk Shiv against squishier teams; only use in conjunction with Trinity Force)
-Sunfire Cape
-Randuin's Omen (or Warmog's Armour)

This build works for several reasons, but mostly because of Evelynn's ability to stick to a target.

Trinity Force is core on AD or Hybrid Evelynn because of the constant spellblade procs from Hate Spike. Trinity Force offers strong offensive power, while offering some mediocre health.

Blade of the Ruined King is now strong on AD Evelynn because of the enormous attack speed buff on her E. Combined with her ultimate, you can chop off a significant amount of an opponent's health (especially good against tanks).

Spirit of the Elder Lizard is your final key damage item. Combined with her later durability and her sticking potential, you will have its passive constantly applied to your target via Hate Spike.

Sunfire Cape is your core durability item, granting you substantial health and armour. The great part is that you will also be applying an almost constant burn to your target from this source as well.

Randuin's Omen is somewhat situation, but generally good. It offers Evelynn even more sticking power and substantial durability. This item is your key item for dealing with ranged carries.

By full build, you will have around 3700 health and over 200 armour (I had 215). If you don't choose Merc treads, you will be very weak to magic damage, but in most cases you will want Merc Treads. If you choose Ninja Tabi, you will probably want to pick up Spirit of the Ancient Golem instead of Spirit of the Elder Lizard, but this compromises your damage output significantly and gives you more armour than you really need.
_________

Armageddal

03-24-2013

Reserve 2.

Armageddal

03-24-2013

Reserve 3.

Armageddal

03-24-2013

Reserve 4.

Armageddal

03-24-2013

Reserve 5.

Armageddal

03-24-2013

Reserve final.

Armageddal

03-24-2013

You may now post... not that there is anything to discuss yet.

Lethadind

03-24-2013

A few builds:

AD LeBlanc
Bruiser TF
Crittlesticks
AP Yi (apparently this is officially a "thing" now, I see it all the time)
Critplank
AD/AS Lulu
AD Kennen

There are a few other semi-common ones that are escaping me as well.

rub my zimbabwe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

Please tell me a bunch of champions with good AP ratios but not meant to be played as AP because i just love doing that for example

AP rammus (Q and ulti are awesome in team fights)
AP fiora you dont believe it but in dominion/PG against AD/auto attack teams her W wrecks them at lvl 5 it has 3 second CD and has 1:1 AP ratio
AP malp can be fun
AP shen I only tried once and failed was probably my build tho