9% spell vamp for rune and mastery on CASS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Socraties

03-24-2013

Is it worth it?

Z The Slayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

Nope. Not really. Prioritizing spellvamp on Cass isn't that great, considering that Cass usually either wins or she doesn't. "Close Calls" don't really happen with her, so any spellvamp you have will probably go towards sustain, not survivability. Chances are, you're going to deal massive damage while not being in any danger, or you're going to get bursted down without any of that spellvamp doing squat.

This is because Cass has no dash and relies on range. Not to mention that spellvamp is less effective with AoE's and DoT's. Only your Twin Fangs actually gives full spellvamp. I'd much rather just go for magic penetration, since that gives you more damage, and spellvamp is based on how much damage you do anyway.

With 14 spell pen level 1, sorc boots, Liandry's, Rylai's and Will of the Ancients is a pretty solid build. Only a Bulwark can really stand up to that.

TheOnlyJaces

03-25-2013

Try an hextech revolver right and it will give you a good idea.
It doesn't do much and I personnally preffer getting 300 more for a needlessly wand or something.
Also, you normally build up your Q first which is AoE+DoT. So less spellvamp.

I'd say try the revolver first and if your comforable with that, go for it but I personnally prefer Ap scale glyphs/Ap pen Marks/Flat Ap quints with her.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

The 6% Spellvamp is worth it, speccing deep into the Support tree... no.

I like Spellvamp quints on Cass as she is a trade champion in lane and her E gives a full 6%. She loses damage but has good base damage to make up for it.

Though I feel 21/9/0 is the way to go with Cass because she is extremely squishy and needs some durability. Though if I run Spellvamp runes I would also run MR Blues to increase the effectiveness of those Spellvamp. Also run a Doran's Ring as you need to start with some AP.

That said, Flat AP runes tend to be the typical APC mid runes, but runes/masteries are all about preference.