Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nautilus and Skarner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Roofus

Recruiter

03-24-2013

Am i the only one who thinks these champions need some slight buffs? I haven't seen either of them in months. Neither have been played in LCS but i realize that in itself doesn't warrant buffs. Nautilus is less tanky that all these tanky DPS that have taken over while dealing less damage and having a little more CC (seriously he has 3 CC spells while xin has 3 and jarvan has 2) I know you hit both of them because they were strong in season 2 but times have changed. And nautilus was hit too hard anyway in my opinion. He brings equal CC to other champions while doing less damage and being less durable.

tl:dr I think nautilus and skarner could use some MINOR buffs to bring them up to par in the new jungle. I didn't mention sej/udyr because they are both getting buffs/slight reworks soon. And trundle as well.

RAGESTARVED

03-24-2013

sometimes i think it's just that anchor that weighs him down

Diabolic Jungler

03-24-2013

Nautilus got one buff to compensate him for the new jungle. Plus 20 shield on his W at level 1. Which is nothing as the camps break that in about 1 rotation of autos. He needs a slight AS buff or a slight buff to his E or W damage. Then he'll be okay at least.

Skarner is still good imo. But some slight buffs wouldn't break him. That flashing from his ult nerf hurt him pretty hard.

DennyChenny

03-24-2013

It's not the size of the wave, it's the motion of the ocean.

Vicvictorw

03-24-2013

Skarner's in a good place. I wouldn't be opposed to a minor buff, but there's not a lot you could do to him while avoiding getting into OP status.

The ult bugfix/nerf definitely hurt, but he isn't ruined.

BeelzeBuff

03-24-2013

Skarner is in an alright spot (although the Lizard Elder nerfs are hurting him)

Nautilus is very outclassed. I still love him, and I'll always play him, but he is simply not on the level of other junglers.

StompWhomp

03-24-2013

I think both are in a decent spot. Nautilus is weak early, but that makes up for the insanity he brings to teamfights later on - his real problem is with the early aggression meta, not with his kit. Skarner seems to be on the balanced side as well - I don't find my problem to be with his kit, but with teammates who have no idea that Skarner ult means the team should initiate (a recurring problem with most atypical junglers).

King Roofus

Recruiter

03-24-2013

Quote:
StompWhomp:
I think both are in a decent spot. Nautilus is weak early, but that makes up for the insanity he brings to teamfights later on - his real problem is with the early aggression meta, not with his kit. Skarner seems to be on the balanced side as well - I don't find my problem to be with his kit, but with teammates who have no idea that Skarner ult means the team should initiate (a recurring problem with most atypical junglers).

Xin, Jarvan, Volibear. They all bring insane AoE cc disruption into teamfights. And they all do more damage AND are tankier than nautilus as they can actually farm the jungle.

StompWhomp

03-24-2013

Quote:
King Rafikerus:
Xin, Jarvan, Volibear. They all bring insane AoE cc disruption into teamfights. And they all do more damage AND are tankier than nautilus as they can actually farm the jungle.

Not at the level Naut brings. In combo, Xin has a knockback, single target slow, and a single target knockup. Jarvan has an AoE slow, line AoE knockup and the ult. Volibear has a toss and the AoE fear. Nautilus has a pull, 1 second root, AoE slow, and line AoE kockup.

His first clear is a bit slower, but his subsequent clears become faster based on his shield level. His shield after level 3 is huge (and boosts both is AA and AoE damage), and once you get CDR and some resistances, it's tough to break and keep down. He's the only one of these 4 who can make use of Iceborn Gauntlet to full effect. Built similarly, none of those junglers are as tanky as Nautilus.

What, again, makes him outclassed by those junglers?

TeaKettleTempest

03-24-2013

He needs a slight buff to his early game. His late game is fine IMO.

If he had either a shorter cooldown or a stronger shield at level 1, that would be enough.