Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Varus in ELCS: What do all these teams see in his playstyle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eklipz

03-24-2013

I've been watching the ELCS for about the last month or so as well as the NALCS since they started it. The Europeans have been picking Varus a lot more than NA does, and I am curious what it is that they see in Varus that NA does not.

He doesn't have the attack damage steroids that most of the other ADCs have, though he does have an AOE bind with his ult. I get that he has a lot of tools, but I don't see him as a top tier ADC, what am I missing?

lowhonor

Recruiter

03-24-2013

percent damage on health, aoe cc that grows to entire team. he has an okay attack steroid on his passive + a bit extra damage with blight. it's more of a team fight thing i'd say. it combos well with the the popular tanky junglers as of late

larkies

03-24-2013

Good trades in lane and the possibility to cc 5 people I guess

Edit : Its funny because Doublelift called him trash

Fenix9000

03-24-2013

Teamfight snowball potential
(Assuming he stays alive long enough)

MorganFreemanBot

03-24-2013

% health shred on magic resist, meaning that he can do a ton of damage to the bruiser happy meta mid and late game regardless of itemization.

An AoE snare which is good for kiting multiple people in team fights but also reduces healing.

An awesome AoE root ulti which can affect the entire team.

A steroid which, while a little situational to get up, is really powerful when it is.

With the holy trinity nerfed hard and ADCs generally not providing enough damage mid game, there are two types of carries we're seeing a lot of.

1: ADCs with a ton of utility. Aside from damage, they have a lot of tools to aid the team.

2: Bully ADCs who have a lot of early damage so they can crush in lane and still be useful mid game before they get all their items.

Varus has both of these traits.

slifer556

03-24-2013

Basically a better version of Ashe.

Lucina for SMASH

03-24-2013

Personally, I think its his ult if anything. A good number of the European teams all have good collapses, Varus basically ensures it very well.

BiggerFish

03-24-2013

His ult wins teamfights by itself

XElement

03-24-2013

Best Ult for an ADC. It works very well with a good team.
Pros are smart so the lack of escape is fine to them since they are pros and can play well.
W allows him to blow up a % of their health while having long range pokes.
If lucky to get the first kill in a teamfight his passive is very strong .

He is quite strong 1v1 except for the fact his passive is useless.
The ult helps control enemies very well.
His damage is really good and nice harass.

Biggest drawback is kit as well.
His damage comes form W. If he misses his SKill shots (which hav elong CD's) he loses a lot of damage

Tucking Sits

03-24-2013

His ult and healing reduction more than likely.