Who counters Swain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiny Eevee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenides View Post
Fizz. Oh, your E? how cute. *POLE.* Oh, you ulted? How cute *healing reduction on W.*
Actually no, overall Swain beats Fizz.
Yeah yeah yeah I'm gonna get a lot of hate for saying this, but at level 6 Swain just becomes way too tanky, even WITH his grievous wounds.

Spaghadeity

03-24-2013

Hi. I main Swain. The lane I have the most trouble with, period, is Lux. She has a much higher range on everything, can farm safely with her E, and will generally stay out of your range. The only thing you can touch her with as Swain is your W, but most good lux's will be able to dodge if you're just 'fishing' with it.

Fizz is a situational counter. Whoever gets ahead in lane will win. Why? Fizz is a melee ranged Assassin. Who does Swain counter? Melee ranged assassins. If you can survive his initial burst and start kiting him there is a high chance you will win the trade or kill him. If fizz gets ahead though he will **** on your face, but that's true for most assassins.

Cass and Anivia are also very good because they can out push you HARD and keep you permanently under turret, and they can also trade very well with you.

ZaganJustice

03-24-2013

He's moar food for my Malzahar and Galio.

JabbaClown

03-24-2013

what about Malzahar?

Kirballs1

03-24-2013

I'm glad some Swains came in here and commeted on there matchups.I as thinking Fizz might win pre-6 but once he hits lvl6 oh boy you're melee and Swain wants to be in your face at lvl6.Someone mentioned Lux,and she seems like th best option so far.

Shiny Eevee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirballs1 View Post
I'm glad some Swains came in here and commeted on there matchups.I as thinking Fizz might win pre-6 but once he hits lvl6 oh boy you're melee and Swain wants to be in your face at lvl6.Someone mentioned Lux,and she seems like th best option so far.
The poke becomes quite a bit much for Fizz, even if he dodges one of his spells - which most likely he will try to dodge his snare.
Either way, his E is very difficult to dodge, it has a short range and very swift cast time + animation.
Becoming untargetable as Fizz doesn't matter because you still take damage over time from both his E and his Q.
His E gives him increased damage, they're both pretty even before 6 but Swain only being slightly ahead.
Don't forget, even with Fizz's passive; auto attacks + spells from Swain still hurt.

Xukia

03-24-2013

I also mainly played Swain in season 2(was 1830 in season 2) and he is really weak against someone who can push/farm well without getting close to Swain. Overall, Swain has pretty low skill-range compared to these casters (ahri, TF, anivia, zed, karthus, orianna, etc), and he doesn't have great farming ability except his W. In season 3 I only play him as a hard-counterpick for few mid champions (kassadin/vlad/khazix) that has either low skill-range or melee. Don't let him get close to you, and you should be fine.

Kirballs1

03-24-2013

I was also thinking Orianna but it seems riskier than Lux what do you guys think?

Lootzifer

03-24-2013

Vlad.

Surgo

03-24-2013

Riven is amazing against Swain.