Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AD runes on top bruisers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

4LL4H

03-24-2013

I haven't played LoL in about a year and I have a question about runes..

Regarding top lane champions like; zed, renekton, darius, lee, jayce

Should I get AD reds and quints? I have armor pen reds and quints right now because that's the way it used to be, but it is worth the investment for the AD runes. Is it really that much better using AD runes considering most people use armor yellows top lane. I guess the csing would be easier.. Let me know.

Snowbi Wan

Recruiter

03-24-2013

I really like AD reds and quints just for the last hitting. Getting through a strong laning phase is pretty important, so anything that helps farming is a high priority. Also I find many players build health in the current meta rather than armor, so armor pen isn't as helpful.

I also like move speed quints on some champions that need that bit of extra move speed to get in close.

totalwar235

03-24-2013

i love flat AD runes and movement quints on junglers but armor pen is the way on top lane. they scale much better into late game

Sephïroth

03-25-2013

Its a preference, neither really outdoes the other. AD Has a slightly better early game and helps with last hitting and armor pen has a slightly better late game and doesn't help with last hitting.

Though a wise friend of mine once said "If you want to win the game, you only have to win the early game."

He's right, if you can dominate your lane, you could build all you want to do more damage/take more damage. Though if you lose your lane, no matter how awesome your runes are for late game they will not matter if you're behind.

Nightwhite3

03-25-2013

I use ArPen quints, armor yellows, mr blues, and flat ad reds. They work very well and if you switch the ArPen quints with flat ad quints these runes also work for adc so that's pretty useful.