Why isn't Yorick played often?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aamon2500

03-24-2013

as the title says. Why isn't Yorick played as of then as say Lee sin, Darius or Garen? I've played against Yorick 3 times and every time he was playing top agains me who was using Singed. Now i doubt i need to tell you why he was specifically picked. And all 3 times i played singed all three times Yorick is top against me. As far as i can tell Yorick is an amazing champ. I even bought him today to see for myself. So Why isn't he played as often as the usual top champs?

The Lonely Ward

03-24-2013

Not many people know how to play him, and I personally find him boring to play.. you just sit there and spam ghosts while auto attacking. No real skill at all with yorick, but its the same with Darius and Garen and they're overplayed for top lane... so I'm not too sure. He's just different than everyone else.

ifeelsmited

03-24-2013

Yorick has great sustain but as someone else said not to many people play a good yorick,but if you do play against a good yorick he is a pain to lane against.

Capt Poro Snax

03-24-2013

i do agree yorick needs to be played more he has few real counters for top. Cho however will just eat him literally. I think most people don't play yorick more because they think he has no damage witch is far from true not to mention his passive ability's from his skills. Once you get good with him he is a beast.

Zeff520

03-24-2013

garen < yorick < darius in fun order but best its probs darius < garen < yorick. Yorick is a great champ who I love to play, and his ult even if you do bad destroys in teamfights. Double adc op.

cauliflower

03-24-2013

yorick is ultimate win lane lose game character

KaiguraTalent

03-24-2013

I think he isn't played often because even if he wins lane, he can't carry well.

Fate000

03-24-2013

He's super boring. Well, so are Garen and Darius, mechanically. However, for these two, some people like playing their big, muscled, manly men (I don't, for the record. And I have not played either of these even once), while Yorick is an ugly hunchback, which puts people off, apparently.

Yorick would be a lot more fun with Dota-style micro controls...

Wiltsee

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aamon2500 View Post
as the title says. Why isn't Yorick played as of then as say Lee sin, Darius or Garen? I've played against Yorick 3 times and every time he was playing top agains me who was using Singed. Now i doubt i need to tell you why he was specifically picked. And all 3 times i played singed all three times Yorick is top against me. As far as i can tell Yorick is an amazing champ. I even bought him today to see for myself. So Why isn't he played as often as the usual top champs?
his effectiveness drops after the laning phase. he's really meant to just keep the top laner starved for as long as possible, then help ult the adc in teamfights. but his lack of utility beyond this is why he isn't preferred to say someone like renekton (who has AoE armor shred, stun, and an AoE ult that acts as a heal bait).

aarcadee

03-25-2013

I don't know. But in my opinion, at least, Yorick is a scary champ all around.