Frustrating Losing Streaks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CharginMahLazers

03-24-2013

I've been in a rut lately. Going on an uncountable number loss in a row. I feel so discouraged and although I don't feel as though it is specifically my fault, I can admit that I am not good enough by a far margin to carry out of many of the games I have lost. I've been losing a ton of interest in League of Legends as a whole due to this losing streak and I don't know what I can do to alleviate myself of these feelings. I will give you guys a scenario:

I'll play J4 jungle cause quite frankly, he's amazingly strong right now. I do decently well, get tanky enough so that I can act as a frontline for my team. We have the advantage and I wanted to push mid and end. My teammates had other plans and you guys know the story from there.

Played as Vi. We were 18/9 at one point in the game, with bot and mid doing substantially better than theirs. Top however, was our weakest link after going 1/5, he/she insisted on split-pushing. It's a viable strategy but Irelia decides to do it without wards, not once but about three times.

Last game I played as Jax. I focused on helping top and mid out; our bottom lane was weaker than theirs and I felt it would be more beneficial to snowball mid just because our bottom insisted that all they wanted to do was farm. Our Nasus got big and so did LB. In comes the 25 minute mark: Leblanc gets cocky and tries to one-shot Ashe. She gets stunned and they get inhibotor. They get cocky and dive us under our nexus turret leading to a double kill for Nasus and a triple for me. We pushed back and took their inhib on top of Baron Nashor. Unfortunately, they were still stronger by a far margin, least their Ashe was. She was 9/3 with about four items. During the deciding teamfight at our Nexus, I jumped on Ashe with Nasus following suite. We manage to kill her with most of their focus shifting to me and Nasus. We end up dying with Corki, Sona and LB being at full health. They retailated but failed to do enough damage. I was perplexed. End game, I checked Corki's items. It included a BLACK CLEAVER and a BLOODTHIRSTER built at around 20 minutes in (The Black Cleaver was rushed). Meanwhile, Ashe sat on an Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Last Whisper, and Banshee's Veil.

I'm sorry about venting out in such a crude fashion. I just feel defeated as can be. I might take a break from League of Legends, but I want and know I'll be coming back. I'm just so freaking discouraged to be on the verge of Platinum last week and now about to be demoted to Gold III.

May I please ask how you guys deal with feelings and losing streaks such as this one? Thank you very much.

StealthyGunnar

03-24-2013

I go and play normal games. No matter what rank you are, you're going to have bad games that either you or your teammates will throw. The only way to stop this is to give them friendly advice and try to help. Being anything other than positive is going to lose you the game.

There are points where you'll get afkers, trolls, flamers, etc, but there's nothing you can do about that. Just play your best and try not to get upset. I notice that when I get upset, I just play worse and worse.

ninjawerewulf

03-24-2013

If I'm jungling, and notice that a lane isn't warding or if a lane is getting camped, I try to drop wards in the area to kinda protect them. I beleive 100% that warding is what will win or lose the game. Also try to stay positive. If your team makes a mistake don 't jump their **** just type a recomendation to play safer or smarter or to not tower dive at lvl 2.

ninjawerewulf

03-24-2013

I also try to play consistent. The win streaks will come. There is another trick called picking the scab. Target the worst player on the enemy team. Get the other guys mad at one player. I get the enemy carry to quit often by getting them mad at the guy that is "throwing the game" lol.

Lethadind

03-24-2013

Get an alt and pubstomp a few blind picks. It's fun.

Learn a new champion.

Eat some Quaker (R) Oatmeal.

Play your guitar.

Learn a new role on said alt account. Practice the hell out of a lane for the first 10 levels.

Eat a Smuckers (R) PB&J Sandwich.

Start a company. Earn money. Buy Riot points. Spend Riot points on sick skins for your new champions.

Punch a wolf in the nose. This always makes me feel better. Up until they bite, then I don't feel better.

Practice a graduation speech. Or not.

Challenge some Bronzies 2v1. That'll make you feel better for sure.

Or just hit "play again" feeling like ****, cuz, that'll for sure fix it.

These are just a few ideas! Come up with a few of your own, and feel free to share them!