Thresh, how to build him ADC?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrankStar Gengar

03-24-2013

I heard from a buddy that you can build him adc and to do a good chunk of damage, what runes/masteries would I go about doing so?

SeCKS Egai

03-24-2013

His really short range and kit overall makes him a very poor adc, ranged fighter like urgot is plausible though.

Young Zukry

03-24-2013

his 475 range makes him a bad adc. Most people when they do ADC though do attackspeed.

Pure Celerity

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Gengar View Post
I heard from a buddy that you can build him adc and to do a good chunk of damage, what runes/masteries would I go about doing so?
Have you ever played ADC? Now have you ever seen the masteries really change? lol..

Runes and masteries are basically the same. Try some out, in NORMALS. try different combos, do which one works best. SOMEONE has to do it, why rely on other people you lazy bum.

pineluv

03-24-2013

you don't.

ChiSqrd

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltsee View Post
you don't.
exactly.

Slouch

03-24-2013

Adc Thresh is viable, just build him with a slightly tanky edge. With his Q passive, he benefits greatly from both pure ad and attack speed. Items like Bloodthirster, Phantom Dancer, Frozen Mallet, and Infinity Edge work well with Thresh, he can be built as a bursty ad as well with on-hit procs like Statikk Shiv when combined with his q passive.

I would recommend you play him as an aggressive harasser, throwing an auto on an enemy adc or support that strays too close. Use your shield to prevent counterpoke and you will come out ahead in trades. Thresh is both a natural engager and disengager, he can catch people using his q, e and r, and his w, e, and r all help him escape. In teamfights he can pull carries out and quickly chunk down squishies, while still being fairly hard to kill with his bonus armor from souls. Despite his short range, his attack animation is smooth and fast, and it is hard for enemies to tell when he is going to hit them.
*******http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/o...c8.png********

ChiSqrd

03-24-2013

Thresh ADC is not viable actually. Imagine how easy it is to play Caitlyn against a Graves. Auto attacking Graves every time he tries to CS. Thresh would be in the position of graves except every ADC would have a range advantage over him. You would also get punished every time you tried to collect a soul.

pineluv

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkatom View Post
Adc Thresh is viable, just build him with a slightly tanky edge. With his Q passive, he benefits greatly from both pure ad and attack speed. Items like Bloodthirster, Phantom Dancer, Frozen Mallet, and Infinity Edge work well with Thresh, he can be built as a bursty ad as well with on-hit procs like Statikk Shiv when combined with his q passive.

I would recommend you play him as an aggressive harasser, throwing an auto on an enemy adc or support that strays too close. Use your shield to prevent counterpoke and you will come out ahead in trades. Thresh is both a natural engager and disengager, he can catch people using his q, e and r, and his w, e, and r all help him escape. In teamfights he can pull carries out and quickly chunk down squishies, while still being fairly hard to kill with his bonus armor from souls. Despite his short range, his attack animation is smooth and fast, and it is hard for enemies to tell when he is going to hit them.
*******http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/o...c8.png********
that team you played looks like they did wet garbage everywhere though. and it's definitely normal, so it's possible the enemy team wasn't really trying/not playing their mains. lots of variables.

BrightestCrayon

03-25-2013

ADC Thresh sounds like it would be fun for dicking around in normals, but not much else.