Colour Blind Fixes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StrmCkr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-10-2011

Razieh,

Quote:
Thanks for keeping this updated. One of the guys on our team is color blind so we definitely feel your pain. I asked about this when I started and as I understand it, it is much more complicated to build an option to swap color blind mode rather than just replacing things as you do, since it has such far reaching implications over many of our assets. It's something I'd like to see done (including alternate modes for the less common blue-yellow color blindness conditions), but unfortunately it is hard to get prioritized.

In the meantime, take heart that your efforts have no gone unnoticed at Riot! You're getting my first red post, how does that feel?
interesting thread always wondered if there was a way to fix the colour schemes for the map and some game aspects perhaps i will explore this option to fix the stuff i cant actually see.

for me i am mildly colour blind and many of the older model colors made it impossible to find where i was in combat.

i find the new colors to the character level indication portion in the heath bar help me. the blue level highlight was enough makes the green for my character stand out when in a massive team fight. often id lose my character and have not a clue which is mine not so much any more..

this would a great idea to include in the game

, A users ability to custom select what the icons,bars windows schemes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voilak

Junior Member

05-10-2011

@StrmCkr
That's the issue we (colorblind ppl) all have. We can't find where we are and who are opponents and who allies in half to fully team fights.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stimmedcows

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-10-2011

just revert the stupid launcher changes so we can fix it ourselves


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voilak

Junior Member

05-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanizier View Post
just revert the stupid launcher changes so we can fix it ourselves
Simple as that


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

razieh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-04-2011

Colours updated to 2.0, full support for the new patcher. Follow the instructions and everything should work fine!!

Head on over to HERE to grab the new version.

Credit to lordgreggreg for his Skin installer.

Any bugs issues or things I need to clarify please post in this thread. I only had a small group of person [only one ] to help me test, so I am relying on everyone for feedback. Any spells, champions or units that need to be adjusted or are bugged let me know.

I will get around to the Change Log when ever I can, a bit busy this week though; everything should be updated for the current release.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehBrettster

Member

06-04-2011

omgomgomgomgomgomgogmomogmoamgoasmgdosadfj;lsakdfj

Red posts in a colorblind thread.
I can't believe I didn't see this before.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazefirex

Junior Member

06-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by razieh View Post
Colours updated to 2.0, full support for the new patcher. Follow the instructions and everything should work fine!!

Head on over to HERE to grab the new version.

Credit to lordgreggreg for his Skin installer.

Any bugs issues or things I need to clarify please post in this thread. I only had a small group of person [only one ] to help me test, so I am relying on everyone for feedback. Any spells, champions or units that need to be adjusted or are bugged let me know.

I will get around to the Change Log when ever I can, a bit busy this week though; everything should be updated for the current release.

Just installed it and thank you so very much! Everything seems to work with the exception of the health bars, they are still the same default, hard to distinguish colors.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

razieh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazefirex View Post
Just installed it and thank you so very much! Everything seems to work with the exception of the health bars, they are still the same default, hard to distinguish colors.
Humm... it should be blue and red. I will check the file I uploaded.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blazefirex

Junior Member

06-05-2011

For further clarification, it's only the champion health bars that are the default colors. All the other minion and tower bars are working in beautiful red/blue fashion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grozban

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

06-05-2011

I just want to say thank you for this. I am in fact, color blind, and this just made a world of difference for this game. Thanks so much, you can expect a donation sooner than later.