Colour Blind Fixes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sawzall

04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Razieh,

Thanks for keeping this updated. One of the guys on our team is color blind so we definitely feel your pain. I asked about this when I started and as I understand it, it is much more complicated to build an option to swap color blind mode rather than just replacing things as you do, since it has such far reaching implications over many of our assets. It's something I'd like to see done (including alternate modes for the less common blue-yellow color blindness conditions), but unfortunately it is hard to get prioritized.

In the meantime, take heart that your efforts have no gone unnoticed at Riot! You're getting my first red post, how does that feel?
Why doesn't Riot just release a 'colorblind patch' vs. having an in-game mode change? That way users can have the option of applying it or not and it would be less of a challenge. Or, has the reason that the champs/creeps can't permanently be blue/red been answered?

Anyways, hope the new changes get made soon...

Voilak

04-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post
Why doesn't Riot just release a 'colorblind patch' vs. having an in-game mode change? That way users can have the option of applying it or not and it would be less of a challenge. Or, has the reason that the champs/creeps can't permanently be blue/red been answered?

Thnx to all who are supporting this issue both in Us and Eu.

Voilak

04-23-2011

bumb. a reply please ?

razieh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voilak View Post
bumb. a reply please ?
I could not reply to your thread in the other boards so I will reply here. I am downloading the game as I type this, I plan to try and fix the colourblind patch so my friends will stop bugging me to play with them :3 I will let you know what happens.

No promises though!

Voilak

04-23-2011

Glad you even replied to this

Voilak

04-26-2011

Raz, problem solved. I personally quit LoL for a huge variety or reasons. BB m8 good luck on ur career!

boourns

UI Designer

04-26-2011
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawzall View Post

If we were to support different appearances for color blind players we would not do it through a user downloaded patch (IMHO). The problem is this would make the option somewhat hidden from people who suffer from color blindness. Also, I suspect the development/art effort would not be too different between the two and a color blind mode would be be much easier to maintain and expand for multiple types of colorblindness.

Clayborn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2011

this mod owns even if you ARENT color blind. Nice hud btw.

Voilak

04-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
If we were to support different appearances for color blind players we would not do it through a user downloaded patch (IMHO). The problem is this would make the option somewhat hidden from people who suffer from color blindness. Also, I suspect the development/art effort would not be too different between the two and a color blind mode would be be much easier to maintain and expand for multiple types of colorblindness.
Thnx for the support, but I am idling from the game until a solution come across.
It is silly to disallow having at least health bars being able to be modified by us, until you come up with a default client solution.
I have no problem to take much time to implement this, but until then, at least let us change the health bars. Make some folder that allows to alter only health bars, I don't know what else to say..

Uszi

04-28-2011

I wanted to voice my support here as well.

And while the color blind mod is awesome, all I really want is to change the minion colors and the enemy UI displays.

I'm not sure I understand why it'd be so hard to implement: just toggle alternate skins for the minions that aren't blue/purple, and toggle the health bars from being red/green to being something else (orange/cyan like COD for instance).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Ph-yZ2CC8

I appreciate Boourns giving the thread some credibility with a red post, but his answer of "Well, the higher ups say we can't do it," just makes me want to hear an explanation from them instead.