Colour Blind Fixes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dr Toenail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2011

Welcome, strange new red posting UI designer

razieh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Ah... ****, I think I know exactly what you're talking about. It will repair any changes you made on start or on patch...

I wish I could say we had a good solution for allowing end user changes to persist, but I don't know of anything.
Could you not just have a Custom folder and everything inside took precedence over the other game files? At least for specific folders?

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

04-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Ah... ****, I think I know exactly what you're talking about. It will repair any changes you made on start or on patch...

I wish I could say we had a good solution for allowing end user changes to persist, but I don't know of anything.
More like we don't know how to edit the archive right now, and there doesn't seem to be any folder that the game reads from and overwrites like the old patcher did (you could just make a DATA folder in the same folder the heropack.zip was and place your custom files there. The game would use those files instead of the ones in the zip during loading, so customizing was easy and risk free. Now... please make a mod folder )

boourns

UI Designer

04-10-2011
3 of 7 Riot Posts

@poki3 Right, I talked to the engineers on the new patcher and that's what they told me as well. Unfortunately, support for 3rd party mods is way above my paygrade.

NuNexus

04-15-2011

hey raz, if you want I can make a zip with the structure that i posted on leagecraft. i kinda enjoy the work you been doing. But yeah I am still totally against the patcher, but now that they are starting to push it nothing i can do but suck it up and try my best to make it work.

Edit:
Actually forget it. I just realized that with the new patcher all the folders are empty. With riot switching to something new out of the blue everythign that is custom skins and modifications are gone. Well for now. So yeah you can take a break for a while. But all I can say that I will miss your work. Specially since I screwed up and installed the new patcher without backing up. Either way when I figure out how to get this working again (if you guys don't remove customization all together that is), I will keep you updated.

Voilak

04-17-2011

@boourns hey just want to let you know about a major color blind thread in the EU that nobody gives a ****. Since I saw this thread was responded by red I thought you can toss a word to draw more red attention there since I have paid over 1000 $ in riot points so far buying every champ, skin, rune page and xp/ip boost. Can send you proof of what I say, or you may be able to check it on your own. Also have donated some bucks for razieh's excellent work for our(my) disability. Many credits to razieh ppl.

You are the only hope I can draw some red attention to have this issue solved out.
The EU thread is http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=23630

EDIT: Razieh had this problem solved until the new patcher came out and laid waste on us(me) once again. Forced to wait until a new solution comes out. Poking the UI manager may help? Dunno what else I can do to ask for some help on this.
Thank you in advance for any incoming solution/fix.

Merry Ferrie

Recruiter

04-18-2011

So... is this still possible to instal? I'm not color blind but I do really like the more contrasting colors, you do great work and I hope this can get implemented in some way

Voilak

04-18-2011

It's not working with the new patcher. Hope for an update from razieh or riot UI team.

NuNexus

04-19-2011

As of right now it wont work. Everyone is trying to figure it out. But the final word has to be from riot.

Voilak

04-19-2011

Waiting ..