Jungle Alistar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kamaro

11-04-2010

I heard somewhere it can be done. Since I don't own Alistar, could you share your experience with jungle Alistar? Seems like fun to me

atsmith893

11-04-2010

Never heard of this being done. He doesn't have any moves to assist his jungling abilities. I would highly doubt there is a serious jungling strat for alistar. Sorry to dissapoint

Sprodj

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

This is an "AP Yi" style of build. Not practical for ranked, but fun for normal.

ALargeBear

11-04-2010

I gave it a try a while back when he was free and it was somewhat effective (lack of runes to facilitate it), but I don't own him so I can't really say for sure, or test it. I'm pretty sure you could look up videos for it on youtube.

What really makes this a good idea in my opinion is that he's far more effective in the jungle than in a lane. With blue buff, he has absolutely no mana problems while jungling (the CDR is amazing too), while triumphant roar gives him staying power to not need to recall. And lets not forget, he has two AMAZING ganking spells.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

lol, wait for him to get a buff to try this.
You can do it, but its pointless, until his changes go into the game.

218LoveCyst

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
lol, wait for him to get a buff to try this.
You can do it, but its pointless, until his changes go into the game.
What alistar changes are coming?!?!?

Cenerae

11-04-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C51EVUio8VE

Alistar jungling, for your viewing pleasure.

Still look 'fun'? <_<

I guess he's better in there than most, though.

xahhfink6

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C51EVUio8VE

Alistar jungling, for your viewing pleasure.

Still look 'fun'? <_<
Eh that's one of stonewall's worsts, he should have gotten pulverize first and gotten some AS marks. Standard jungle runes.

Alistar is actually a quite good jungler, although he has little purpose to spec into attack, so after level 4-6 he finds no reason to jungle, instead using his smite to help his CS and to help others get early buffs (like a sona/zilean with early blue, or a mid carry with red)

His gank at 4 is quite scary, with flash, a two second stun, a headbutt, and lizard snare.

The other amazing option with jungle alistar is to grab golem and then immediately go back to lane, he will then be able to spam heal every second making him and his minions unkillable... tends to lead to 4-5 minute tower kills.