id like some help with item building.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

drcool52

03-23-2013

id just like a good explanation of how to build vayne or any adc based on who you enemy are. and what they build.
thanks to all that reply.

drcool52

03-23-2013

id just like a good explanation of how to build vayne or any adc based on who you enemy are. and what they build.
thanks to all that reply.

SeCKS Egai

03-23-2013

ADCs tend to build the same regardless of opponent by design, as they depend on their core items to perform their role.

On just about Any ADC, I would plan on building an IE and a Phantom or stattik depending on pref.

You'll typically have a Last Whisper or Black Cleaver for armor pen (depending on ADC skillset).

You'll definitely need lifesteal, although depending on pref you may rush a bloodthirster or Blade of the Ruined King or just build a vamp scepter and focus on your damage items (ie/pd).

You'll usually only have one slot for a defensive item, and you've got plenty of choices there. That's probably going to be your big decision as to what to build and when to start building it.

On my Vayne particularly, if my survival decides who wins a team fight, I'll skip the last whisper since I at least have the true damage to make up for it and build 2 def items, typically a mallet or warmog's to go with a guardian angel.

Tr

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSeCKSx View Post
ADCs tend to build the same regardless of opponent by design, as they depend on their core items to perform their role.

On just about Any ADC, I would plan on building an IE and a Phantom or stattik depending on pref.

You'll typically have a Last Whisper or Black Cleaver for armor pen (depending on ADC skillset).

You'll definitely need lifesteal, although depending on pref you may rush a bloodthirster or Blade of the Ruined King or just build a vamp scepter and focus on your damage items (ie/pd).

You'll usually only have one slot for a defensive item, and you've got plenty of choices there. That's probably going to be your big decision as to what to build and when to start building it.

On my Vayne particularly, if my survival decides who wins a team fight, I'll skip the last whisper since I at least have the true damage to make up for it and build 2 def items, typically a mallet or warmog's to go with a guardian angel.
He's kind of right but.
Truthfully, there are many ways to build different ADC's depending on what you prefer and what your team needs.
Vayne, for example, wants to attack fast to apply silver bolts and also hit hard with auto-attacks, so instead of going bt on her first, you can go Blade of the ruined king to give you attack speed, damage, and surviability in teamfights and one on one's
Ms.Fortune, you want your ult to hit lots of people and do lots of damage. You are kind of more a ad caster. So you want lots of damage and armor pen for your ult. So you could build bt into black cleaver.
I know you prob want to rush that IE, but its been proven that unless your A.Trist B. Cait or C.Ashe you prob want to rush bt/blade of the ruined king(Trist) gives sustain and damage over ie
and about skipping the LW... it truly depends... if you see the other team is health stacking and not grabbing armor.. than by all means skip LW but always make sure to come back to it. and if the team is definitely stacking armor... please get LW or youll will die while doing 0 damage. even as vayne.
The Mogs, Mallet, Guardian Angel choice is a hard one to make. Though most people dont do guardian Angel anymore since armor on AD's is so useless after the nerf to Guardian Angel and if you die and rez surrounded by enemies... well that was a useless passive, so must people prefer to get Mallet or warmogs. Mallet for damage and health and mogs if they just need to survive