Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need general help (solo ranked)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NaginataX

03-23-2013

I feel like I'm hitting a wall in competitive play where I can't seem to crest the last division into Silver I and then hopefully Gold. As much as I used to like pointing the finger at the "elo hell" argument and blaming my team for the afker, trolls, feeders, etc...it didn't really solve the problem and I know I'm going to have to cope with those types of players no matter what. What I WOULD like advice on is how to get better so that those types of players make less of a detrimental impact.

Steps I've taken:

1. Learn and master at least 2 champs for every role with the exeption of top
  2. Offer to fill in lobby to offset players that know fewer roles
  3. Know every champion's skill kit
  4. Ward like a boss (not it's not just support's job)
  5. Call MIA's, ward timers, dragon/baron time, champs respawn times after ace, etc
  6. View guides on Mobafire and SoloMid
  7. Watch playbacks of pro teams

Thoughts? I know I could definitely stand to learn top and at least a couple more champs for each role, but even in roles/lanes I consistently dominate, how can I keep my teams from losing? Not that KDR is a completely reliable view of skill, but there's only so many times I can go 5:3:33 taric, 16:6:5 leblanc, or 23:2:4 twitch and keep losing before I completely lose my #@%^ mind >_<

totalwar235

03-23-2013

i try and play with one person you know. I always try that and it normally helps if you have one less liability on your team if your both at about the same skill level.

NaginataX

03-24-2013

Sadly I only have my bro-in-law for duo queue and he's such a poor sport even when we're winning that I can't stand to play with him often. Just waiting until the tribunal catches up to him for his trash talking team and enemy alike.

ninjawerewulf

03-24-2013

I honestly know where you are coming from. I started at bronze 5, and have worked my way up to bronze 2 currently in my series for bronze 1. Most of my sucess has been stepping out of the norm. I am in bronze league though so for all I know this might be bad advice. Try playing champions, that don't get alot of play time to throw off the other team, or Counter Pick the **** out of the enemy team whenever possible. http://www.championselect.net will show every champions counter and who counters that champion. Biggest thing is to stay positive. Build your team up not down.

rub my zimbabwe

03-24-2013

an idea is to add ppl who did good in a ranked game with you and continiously move up before the pros turned into "pros" this is what they did and discovered each other and made teams etc for example TSM reginald did this with chaox

ninjawerewulf

03-24-2013

Quote:
Spy Crabz:
an idea is to add ppl who did good in a ranked game with you and continiously move up before the pros turned into "pros" this is what they did and discovered each other and made teams etc for example TSM reginald did this with chaox

I'm in Bronze league, I very very rarely add anyone from current games played.

rub my zimbabwe

03-24-2013

Quote:
ninjawerewulf:
I'm in Bronze league, I very very rarely add anyone from current games played.

bronze i feel bad for you