Installed mac client, but cannot connect to server.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Logan91

03-23-2013

A friend of mine finally got the game installed, but when he tries to connect it will say
Connection Error
Connection failure-cannot connect to the pvp.net server
etc.
This happens repeatedly and I am reading some others are having the same issue but I'm not sure if enough attention is being given to this issue.
Thanks

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-24-2013

It sounds like a problem with his network. Is he running the mac firewall, or a third party firewall? Have you tried restarting his router/modem? Does the router have a hardware firewall that's mis-configured (or properly configured) to block LoL?

Logan91

03-24-2013

I'll have him try that out today and get back to you. Thanks

Logan91

03-24-2013

Ok he brought his laptop over to my house and is using my connection to attempt to connect. I can connect fine, but it still says the same thing as before, Connection Error, cannot connect etc.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan91 View Post
Ok he brought his laptop over to my house and is using my connection to attempt to connect. I can connect fine, but it still says the same thing as before, Connection Error, cannot connect etc.
Again, is he running the mac firewall, or a third party firewall? Does he have any custom dns settings? Post his system specs.

Logan91

03-24-2013

He has turned off the mac firewall but gets the same error, he has no 3rd party firewalls, as far as he knows he doesnt have any custom DNS settings.

Model: MacBook Pro 13 in. late 2011
Processor: 2.4ghz Intel-Core i5
Memory: 4g 1333mhrz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 mb
Software: OS X 10.8 ( 12A269 ) Mountain Lion
Thanks.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-24-2013

Definitely run software update, current version is 10.8.3. Let me know if its still acting up after that.

Logan91

03-24-2013

Hey man yeah that fixed it for now. Thank you