[Game][Minor] Map Flickering When Shopping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

canopy

03-23-2013

I'm running League on a really old Macbook currently so, I set all the video settings to "Very Low" or "None".
I noticed that when I click the shop button, while I am shopping, the rest of the map seems to flicker depending on where my mouse is?
It either goes dark (like the entire thing is covered with a fog of war) or lights up the lanes (if I remember correctly, it was only up to my last turret that it would light up, not completely across the map) and leaves the rest in a sort of fog of war.

I don't know the exact position of my mouse in order to make it do this and I'm also not sure if it's due to one of the video settings that I switched my client to.

It doesn't inhibit my gameplay as it only happens when I am shopping, it's just kind of an odd thing to have happen.

Some more info: I was playing a custom game as Sakura Karma against a team with only a Nasus bot. The map was SR.

REPRO STEPS:
1. Go into a game
2. Set all your video settings to the lowest they can go
3. Click on the shop
4. Move your mouse around the screen and see if the map flickers.

ETA:
I guess I should have posted this in the PBE forum as that's where I was playing it and I haven't tested this on the live servers as of yet, but I figured someone might have more knowledge in the Mac Client forums since it is on the Mac Client that I experienced this.
(I can test it on my Windows desktop tomorrow and see if the same thing happens.)

canopy

03-24-2013

Should I post this in the PBE forum, then?

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by canopy View Post
Should I post this in the PBE forum, then?
If its happening only on the PBE client, definitely. If its happening on both clients, either here or the bug reports forum.

I am unable to replicate this bug on the live client using the steps you provided. Can you post your system specs?

canopy

03-25-2013

I still haven't actually tested it on the Live server as I don't have it downloaded just yet on this laptop since the laptop is so old and slow that it would be kind of irresponsible of me to play a real game on it.
(I play the live server on my desktop and only ever use my laptop when I don't feel like lugging my desktop places.)

Model: White MacBook, Late 2006? (I think)
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core Duo
Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics: Intel GMA 950?
Software: OSX 10.6.8

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by canopy View Post
I still haven't actually tested it on the Live server as I don't have it downloaded just yet on this laptop since the laptop is so old and slow that it would be kind of irresponsible of me to play a real game on it.
(I play the live server on my desktop and only ever use my laptop when I don't feel like lugging my desktop places.)

Model: White MacBook, Late 2006? (I think)
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core Duo
Memory: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics: Intel GMA 950?
Software: OSX 10.6.8
Here's a quote from the minimum system requirements page:

Quote:
Note: At this time, the Intel GMA Series of graphics processors are not supported. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
As you've seen, it is possible to run the game on these cards, but they're extremely old and unsupported. Even ignoring the graphical glitches that crop up, I seriously doubt the framerate you'll get on this card is good enough to have fun playing the game.

canopy

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataslave View Post
Here's a quote from the minimum system requirements page:

As you've seen, it is possible to run the game on these cards, but they're extremely old and unsupported. Even ignoring the graphical glitches that crop up, I seriously doubt the framerate you'll get on this card is good enough to have fun playing the game.
Okay thanks!
I just wanted to report it just in case it wasn't just because my graphics card is a dinosaur, ya know? Better safe than sorry and all that.

As long as it's only me that's fine, like I said it really doesn't even effect all that much and I'm definitely not playing serious games on it, just going on the PBE to see how stuff works and see if I can catch any glitches.

I get about a 16-20 FPS rate which isn't ideal in the least, but I can still play!