Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AD Gragas top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foztog

03-23-2013

Thoughts? Is that using him to his fullest, or am I taking away a lot from what he does by not taking him Mid AP?

Pobbes

03-24-2013

Seems viable. I've never used him up there, but I have done AD/tank out of the jungle. An AD build would still benefit from his utility, but wouldn't be nearly as mana hungry. I think it has potential.

rub my zimbabwe

03-24-2013

Long time ago people played tank or AD gragas hell even riot's recommended build was tank

Z The Slayer

03-24-2013

Nah. Gragas' empowering drink gives him flat AD and percent damage resistance. The AD increase would be more effective on a mage (since it's like a 40% melee damage increase to a mage) than a bruiser (like an 8% increase). Doesn't make much sense. That's like putting a Maw of Malmortius on Mundo. SOUNDS like a smart idea, but with no attack speed to make the most of his damage steroid, you're just wasting an item slot to give him 10% more damage, when there's better choices.

Gragas also can't chase in a team fight, since his dash stops when it hits even minions; trying to reach an ADC is impossible.

Why would a bruiser spam his spells to use his passive (that scales with life, mind you) if he's not getting mana (since he's a bruiser, after all, few bruiser+mana items).

I

Hasuobs

03-24-2013

Answer me: What does AD Gragas have on AP Gragas?

Passive: Kinda the same either way, but AP would use more spells,so I'd say this goes to AP

Q: Definitely AP. It just does more damage that way. Most Tops are caster's anyways, so the AS debuff won't help that much, unless you're vs a Jax

W: The same, but goes to AD just a little bit due to armor pen. :P

E: AP, more damage. (0.5 AP and 0.66 AD, but AP is twice as cheap as AD is.)

R: AP. More damage.

So my question is, once again, why would you do it? What are its benefits?