AD Gragas top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gankstur

03-23-2013

Thoughts? Is that using him to his fullest, or am I taking away a lot from what he does by not taking him Mid AP?

Pobbes

03-24-2013

Seems viable. I've never used him up there, but I have done AD/tank out of the jungle. An AD build would still benefit from his utility, but wouldn't be nearly as mana hungry. I think it has potential.

rub my zimbabwe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

Long time ago people played tank or AD gragas hell even riot's recommended build was tank

Z The Slayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

Nah. Gragas' empowering drink gives him flat AD and percent damage resistance. The AD increase would be more effective on a mage (since it's like a 40% melee damage increase to a mage) than a bruiser (like an 8% increase). Doesn't make much sense. That's like putting a Maw of Malmortius on Mundo. SOUNDS like a smart idea, but with no attack speed to make the most of his damage steroid, you're just wasting an item slot to give him 10% more damage, when there's better choices.

Gragas also can't chase in a team fight, since his dash stops when it hits even minions; trying to reach an ADC is impossible.

Why would a bruiser spam his spells to use his passive (that scales with life, mind you) if he's not getting mana (since he's a bruiser, after all, few bruiser+mana items).

I

Hasuobs

03-24-2013

Answer me: What does AD Gragas have on AP Gragas?

Passive: Kinda the same either way, but AP would use more spells,so I'd say this goes to AP

Q: Definitely AP. It just does more damage that way. Most Tops are caster's anyways, so the AS debuff won't help that much, unless you're vs a Jax

W: The same, but goes to AD just a little bit due to armor pen. :P

E: AP, more damage. (0.5 AP and 0.66 AD, but AP is twice as cheap as AD is.)

R: AP. More damage.

So my question is, once again, why would you do it? What are its benefits?