Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kog'Maw vs Cait - No counter too great?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spiritbombgirl

03-23-2013

So I love playing Caitlyn and I don't ever get intimidated when an opposing team tries to counter me with a Varus, Sivir, Trist or Draven. But Kog'maw almost always gives me a tough time. Any advice on how to not get so beat up by him would be much appreciated =]] <3

Dpaladinx

03-23-2013

For the record, I think Kog'maw is the only true counter to Caitlyn, since he can obviously outpoke and outrange her with his W that increases his autoattack range and his spammable R. And I really can't think of any other ADCs that can counter Kog'maw across from Tristana (see below). However, unlike Cait, he doesn't any reliable escape skill.

Your best bet is to lay traps around brushes and have a support who has strong CC ability like Taric, Thresh, and Leona. Having an uber aggressive support can definitely mess up Kog'maw (since as I mentioned before, he lack liable escape or peel). He need to careful when he dies, he becomes a running bomb. And try to strike him when his W is down (W is his range boost and anti-tank ability)

Alternatively, try playing as a different ADC. I usually have a hard time against a Tristana player during the laning phase when playing as Kog'maw. First, Tristana definitely outburst Kog'maw early game if paired with an aggressive support. Second, if Kog'maw dies, she can safely use her Rocket Jump of range since W resets on kills and assists. Finally, Tristana has much better late game scaling than Kog'maw. Sure, Kog'maw has the W, but he can't keep that skill up forever. Tristana, on the other hand, has the longest constant autoattack range without any skill modifiers thanks to her passive (Kog'maw and Twitch, on the other hand, only have the longer AA range when their skills are active, which is much different).

Your best bet is tell the person who is supporting go with a support with good CC ability.

SeCKS Egai

03-24-2013

Remember you still have traps and you don't need an active to boost your range. Kog is weakest pre-6 since that ult is what ultimately denies you range advantage.

You may just need better coordination with your support, as Cait should be able to dominate most adcs early with better zone control.