Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Room of The Eternal Nightmare (Ask Nocturne)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Àsk Lee sin

03-23-2013

Quote:
FearTheNoct:

Nocturne lets out a low, hollow sound echo through the chamber - it sounds like it is laughing.

Makes ssenssse ... why would a blind man ffffear the darknesss, hmmmm? You and I should ... be ... frrrrriendddsss, conssssidering it is alll you ssssee.

The shade's eyes narrow slightly, seeming to mirror his amusement. The shadows retract from Lee Sin's body, simply drifting back to the floor whence they came from.

Instead, a broken chord can be heard from around the room ... and another. And another. Someone is plucking at the chords of an instrument in a crude fashion, but the melody sounds quite familiar ... it would be a melody that would revitalize the soul and heal the body. A melody that would make a person persevere, no matter the odds - but the song seems twisted and unholy now, most likely to drain rather than heal.

Hmmmppfff .... and just howwww would you expect me to ansssswerr that question? This worrrld, you live in .... I only had a tasste of it ... just a small taasssste ... and that was what made me who I am nowww .... and what damned me in thisss imprisonment.

Nocturne's essence shifted in his Nexus crystal.

Iff anything, I also ssseeeeek an anssssswer to your quesssstion ... releassseee me out of thissss. Let me seeee ... what this world has to offfeeeerrrr ... and perhapss ... perrrrhaapssss .... I willl ffffind something that would make /me/ ...

SCCCREEEEAAAMMMMMM.

The orchestra of broken chords was now replaced with a single, loud and deafening tone, seeming to rise in intensity, like a crescendo.

Lee frowned as the chords played out, it was a mild annoyance and he was able to mostly tune out the noise. "If it is our world that created you, then perhaps that is what you fear? You fear our world, our ways because we caused your creation."

He shrugs. "Regardless, I doubt I could free you even if I had thought of it."

As the crescendo played out, Lee let out a small, annoyed grunt. "Either way, that's all I have to say, I'll let you get back to despising your life, though truthfully you should try to cheer up, it could be worse." He walked back our, waving a hand behind him as he left Nocturne's chamber.

Dear Urgot

03-23-2013

Quote:
FearTheNoct:

(( Thank you - although I'm curious to hear whom you have in mind. It might be, it might be not. ))

Nocturne's mercurial pools widen in the middle of the dark essence contained in the shard, seeming to take in the champion's image. Small tendrils of shadows tentatively prod around Urgot's steel claws, but otherwise remain quite dormant.

Hrrrmmphhh .... why ssshould I anssswer that - to you?

Alllll you everrr do is to inspire dissssgust and repulsssion among those you live with...

Ansssseer me thisss, Urrrrgot - are you not one of the very fairrrry tale monssssters women telllll their pathetic children? Twwwisted, desssspicable ... pitifulll.

Atleasssst, I - I am able to be molded, to be shaped by the darknesssss I give myself into. What .... about .... you?

((Let's just say a few..little..birdies..told me.))

*Urgot grunts angrily and whacks the side of the crystal with his acid hunter, no doubt vibrating it and disturbing Nocturne*

Do not address me as pitiful, you imprisoned wretch! *wheeeeeze* I have given my life to Noxus, I have conquered death, I serve to this day on the Fields of Justice! I *wheeeze* am the legends that mothers and fathers tell their children! Unlike you, trapped here in your prison, powerless. I pity you, Nocturne. *wheeeeze* I truly do. Scum.

*He feels the tendrils poke him and swipes them away*

Keep your hands *wheeeze* off me you wretched being!

Almogs

03-23-2013

Quote:
FearTheNoct:
Nocturne still doesn't stir in its shard, instead hushing out its answer to the man's remark.

How ... lovely ... flowerrrsss ... fffor me? Isssn't that something ...yourrr kind does to ssshow ... affffection?

The shadows in the room echo hollowly, which can only be interpreted as the champion's mocking laughter.

Suddenly, its eyes shift from the darkness of the shard, emerging to the surface and staring at the man wide open as he speaks in his stance. As soon as he is done, its eyes become large, large enough to cover the entire shadow essence contained in the shard, showing only the bright, silvery light of its eyes. Then, they begin to shrink again to their usual size. While not visible, you cannot help but feel that the shade is grinning impishly.

Aaaaaahhhh .... I rrremember you, now. My ... captor....

On cue, the shadows suddenly gather around the man's feet, but rather attach themselves to his person, they simply circle around him ominously.

So ... you arrre the one who bound me herre, are you not? How ... forrrtunate enough that I killed your parrrents before you did. I had taken my rrrevenge on you long before my punishment was given.

The shade's essence seem to pulse against the nexus shard, bumping against the surface. A soft tapping sound can be heard with each attempt before it gives up.

Sssssooooo .... you wish to serve onto me the sssaaame treatment I gave your parrrrents, hmm? How ....

DELIGHTFUL.

Nocturne's laughter is echoed through the room, the shadows seeming to mock him.

You wisssh to kill me? ... do it, then. Frrrreeeee meeee from this prison! Make me scrrrreaaam, if you can! Make ... me ... feeeeeeeeeeeel!

As the shadows gather around him, Zelas is refreshed from his burst of darkness. He now smiles the same smile that Nocturne could've smiled if he was showing it.

"So you still don't know what I am do you? Hah"

Zelas sweeps his hand infront of him

"Are you forgetting who I am? Can't you see what you turned me into? Do you know what I am?"

The shadows that attached themselves to Zelas quickly retreat away... screaming

"You cannot scare me, you cannot control me, YOU CANNOT HURT ME anymore. You cannot lure me to free you either. The moment I will be able to kill you I will."

Bluydee

03-23-2013

Vladimir walks in.

Hello, Nocturne. I heard you were opened up to the public. Good day.

He notices Zelas, unimpressed by his display.

Ah, the wonders of brooding and angst. The roof is that way.

He pauses.

For all that bravado, you are quite amusing when snapped.

He smiles.

Sorry if I ruined the mood.

FearTheNoct

03-24-2013

Quote:
Àsk Lee sin:
Lee frowned as the chords played out, it was a mild annoyance and he was able to mostly tune out the noise. "If it is our world that created you, then perhaps that is what you fear? You fear our world, our ways because we caused your creation."

He shrugs. "Regardless, I doubt I could free you even if I had thought of it."

As the crescendo played out, Lee let out a small, annoyed grunt. "Either way, that's all I have to say, I'll let you get back to despising your life, though truthfully you should try to cheer up, it could be worse." He walked back our, waving a hand behind him as he left Nocturne's chamber.

(( Wow. Lee Sin just KO'd Nocturne here ... ))

The shade seemed indifferent at the Monk's answer, though its silvery eyes narrow in delight at his visible annoyance.

Yesss ,yessss, I keep hearrring that, but rrreaally, why would I fearrrr sssomething that actually fearrrs me in turrrn? Rrrreaaallly, even I am more logical than that.

A low hissing sound can be heard, most likely to be interpreted as the shade's disappointed sigh.

Forrrr alll yourrr prowesss on the Fields of Jusssstice, Lee Sin, you arrrreee as weak as I am - bound to the fooolllissshh and weaklings you call ... ssssssummmonerrrrss.

Nocturne simply drifted in its shard, its eyes diving back into the dark essence.

Iffff you werrreee in my possssition, you would feeeelll the way I dooo .... ssssee whether you can live crrrampled up in this pathetic prison .... not to mention the light the ssssshard givesss away issss barrrring me from getting a good, ssshadowy rest....

Nnnnot to mention the sssummmonners that summon me arrrrre more incompetent than the purple-skinned hulk ..... you ought to know .... I do ssseeeeem to recallll your ssssummoner making you dive into the enemy team sssseveral times now. Lllovely display of ssssskill, by the way.

As Lee Sin left the chamber, Nocturne continued to let the broken chords play in the room. Even though it wasn't visible, it was quite delighted at the enlightening experience it had with the Monk. The shadows in the room echo hollowly, which can only be interpreted as the champion's mocking laughter.

Quote:
Dear Urgot:
((Let's just say a few..little..birdies..told me.))

*Urgot grunts angrily and whacks the side of the crystal with his acid hunter, no doubt vibrating it and disturbing Nocturne*

Do not address me as pitiful, you imprisoned wretch! *wheeeeeze* I have given my life to Noxus, I have conquered death, I serve to this day on the Fields of Justice! I *wheeeze* am the legends that mothers and fathers tell their children! Unlike you, trapped here in your prison, powerless. I pity you, Nocturne. *wheeeeze* I truly do. Scum.

*He feels the tendrils poke him and swipes them away*

Keep your hands *wheeeze* off me you wretched being!

(( Birdies? I don't work with birds ...))

Nocturne stirred in its shard when Urgot hit him, his mercurial eyes widening angrily inside. However, there seems to be a hollow, echoing noise spreading through the room - it can only be the Nightmare's mocking laughter.

Trrrrully sooo? Why ellllseee do you think I am imprisoned herrrreee, Urgot? They fearrrr meee - as they sssshooouuuld.

But yooouuuu? You ... are harmlessss. They let you wanderrrr arrrround without giving you a second glance - and why would they? To seee your imperfections, yourrrrr rotting body crrrrawwwlll on its makeshift legs in such a grotesque dissssplaaayyy?

Rrreealllly, for allll your cllaaaimmms of of legendary ssstaatttuusss, I think it would have been a more merrrrciful and befittting reward to let you rest .... in piecesssss...

Another mocking howl echoes through the room, more than delighted at Urgot's flaring anger.

I am powerlessss because they contain me. You are powerlesss because they made you so - a joke! Forrrr allll your legendary actsss, they now point and laugh at you, at what you have become now.

Rrrreeaallly, I think you sssshould've just stayed dead and remained a true legend rather than be alive in this broken form and prrrretend to be something of high importance ...

How .... sssssaaaaad.

The shadowy tendrils react at Urgot's swiping, but they simply attach themselves back to him. Nocturne's laugh echoes ominously through the room.

Quote:
Almogs:
As the shadows gather around him, Zelas is refreshed from his burst of darkness. He now smiles the same smile that Nocturne could've smiled if he was showing it.

"So you still don't know what I am do you? Hah"

Zelas sweeps his hand infront of him

"Are you forgetting who I am? Can't you see what you turned me into? Do you know what I am?"

The shadows that attached themselves to Zelas quickly retreat away... screaming

"You cannot scare me, you cannot control me, YOU CANNOT HURT ME anymore. You cannot lure me to free you either. The moment I will be able to kill you I will."

Nocturne laughs.

I can ssseeee what you arrrreee and what you have become .... but ... have... you?

Rrrreeallly, you arrre trying to threaten me as I lay here, imprisoned in this shard - toying with me? Reminds me how I toyed with your parrreents's minds, with their drrreeeaaammms, showing them their worrrrssst .... nightmarrrres.

Before I grrranted them merrrciful releassssssseeeee....

The shade's essence stir, extending through every corner of its space, dimming the soft light emanated of the shard until it can't be made out anymore.

You thiiink I can't ... scarrrree you .... you think ... I can't ... contrrroolllll you?

Why would I want that?

I have alllrrrready grown tirrred of you, litttle plaything - I have allllrrrready molded you in what you arrrrre today. Think about it - about your dreams of a good, happy life you could have had if you just ... walked away.

But nnnooooo .... you pursued the path of vengeance - you let your hate controlll you. You made ssssacrifices. You wasted the preciousss time of your ephemeral life preparing to ffface me.

And when you will dessstroy me ... what then? Could you ... everrr .... lead a norrrrmal life, again?

The shadows stir in the chamber, a low, howling sound echoing through. It seems that not only Nocturne is laughing, but a whole chorus of shadows joining in the revel. If you would pay attention to the sounds, you might recognize some of the laughter - familiar voices, voices that will always stand out of the crowd as people you'd care about.

Yooouuu knooowww .... what I find verrry entertaining, though?

... what isss herrr name .... I cannot remember .... but I rrrremember her voice, her sssscrrreeaammms in the dark as the village is burrrnnniinnng ....

Don't .... yoooouuuu?

A familiar, young girl's scream fills the chamber, growing louder and louder, mixed with the crackle of a stray lightning and the sizzling of fire as it burns through wood and flesh. The distant wails of women and children can be heard - the words seem almost undecipherable except for a chant.

Killer .... Killer ... Kill her! KILL HER!

Quote:
Bluydee:
Vladimir walks in.

Hello, Nocturne. I heard you were opened up to the public. Good day.

He notices Zelas, unimpressed by his display.

Ah, the wonders of brooding and angst. The roof is that way.

He pauses.

For all that bravado, you are quite amusing when snapped.

He smiles.

Sorry if I ruined the mood.

The whole unholy chorus of voices and sounds die down abruptly as Vladimir enters the chamber. Nocturne drifts back to its usual spot in the shard, letting the glow of the shard dimly illuminate the chamber. Its silvery eyes drift back into the dark essence, drowned by it until they can be seen no more.

I know, rrrright? Makes it even more enterrrrtaining for me when I ... break.... them.

Nocturne cackles. Meanwhile, the shadows now gather around the champion's feet, dark tendrils attaching themselves to the serrated trim of his coat, covering the blood-red color with a black filter as they slowly advance up his body.

Mmmmm, to what ... do I owe ... the pleasssuuurrrreee, Vladimirrr?

Bluydee

03-24-2013

Likewise, blood starts to circle Nocturne.

I'm merely here to watch the shadowmancer yell at you pointlessly.

The league also wants me on hand to kill either of you if need be. If you die Nocturne, the whiplash would destroy the league. If that happens, how would I kill when people such as brand and cho hath destroy the place?

Dear Urgot

03-24-2013

Quote:
FearTheNoct:

(( Birdies? I don't work with birds ...))

Nocturne stirred in its shard when Urgot hit him, his mercurial eyes widening angrily inside. However, there seems to be a hollow, echoing noise spreading through the room - it can only be the Nightmare's mocking laughter.

Trrrrully sooo? Why ellllseee do you think I am imprisoned herrrreee, Urgot? They fearrrr meee - as they sssshooouuuld.

But yooouuuu? You ... are harmlessss. They let you wanderrrr arrrround without giving you a second glance - and why would they? To seee your imperfections, yourrrrr rotting body crrrrawwwlll on its makeshift legs in such a grotesque dissssplaaayyy?

Rrreealllly, for allll your cllaaaimmms of of legendary ssstaatttuusss, I think it would have been a more merrrrciful and befittting reward to let you rest .... in piecesssss...

Another mocking howl echoes through the room, more than delighted at Urgot's flaring anger.

I am powerlessss because they contain me. You are powerlesss because they made you so - a joke! Forrrr allll your legendary actsss, they now point and laugh at you, at what you have become now.

Rrrreeaallly, I think you sssshould've just stayed dead and remained a true legend rather than be alive in this broken form and prrrretend to be something of high importance ...

How .... sssssaaaaad.

The shadowy tendrils react at Urgot's swiping, but they simply attach themselves back to him. Nocturne's laugh echoes ominously through the room.

Harmless? The one trapped in a prison should not call a walking warrior harmless, spectre. *wheeeeze*

*Urgot appeared annoyed at Nocturne's taunting, but he contained his anger. He had heard it all before.*

Laugh? At me? *wheeeeze* I have never heard a single antagonistic chuckle in my prescence. You on the other hand, *wheeeze* are a punchline to jokes children tell on the streets.

*He sees the tendrils hrab his legs.*

Let...go..of me. *He growls*

FearTheNoct

03-24-2013

Quote:
Dear Urgot:
Harmless? The one trapped in a prison should not call a walking warrior harmless, spectre. *wheeeeze*

*Urgot appeared annoyed at Nocturne's taunting, but he contained his anger. He had heard it all before.*

Laugh? At me? *wheeeeze* I have never heard a single antagonistic chuckle in my prescence. You on the other hand, *wheeeze* are a punchline to jokes children tell on the streets.

*He sees the tendrils hrab his legs.*

Let...go..of me. *He growls*

Nocturne lets out a hiss, not out of displeasure - but more of amusement.

Why do you thiiiink they keep me here, Urrrrgot? Onlly the harmlessss walk free, so they may pressserve the foolisssh dream they calll 'peace' ... 'balansssse'.

It laughs as it stirs in its shard.

Who ssssays they have to laugh in your fffface to sssshow their true intentions? That is why I dessspire humans - for allll their claims of strength and ... petty moralitiessss ... they stab each other in the back. Atleast, I .... I let them know of my intentionssss.

... bessssides. Who would want to be in your pressssence, anyway?

It cackles mockingly as the shadows tug at his claws, pulling them apart, trying to destabilize Urgot.

Why ... would ... I? You are a ... walking warrior, corrrrrect? A warrrrior does not ask - a warrrrior fights. To hissss lassst brrrreath. At least .... that's what the Hand of Noxus would do .... can you meassssure up to him .... Executioner?

Another mocking hiss.

Quote:
Bluydee:
Likewise, blood starts to circle Nocturne.

I'm merely here to watch the shadowmancer yell at you pointlessly.

The league also wants me on hand to kill either of you if need be. If you die Nocturne, the whiplash would destroy the league. If that happens, how would I kill when people such as brand and cho hath destroy the place?

(( Woops, I missed everyone's favorite non-sparkling, blood-sucking vampire. Sorry <3 ))

Nocturne cackles, its essence beginning to imitate the motion of the blood surrounding its shard.

Aaah .... you and I have sssssooo much in common .... being entertained by ssssuch ... pettinesssss.

Nocturne lets out a hiss.

By all meanssss ..... go ahead, Hemomancer. Although .... I am curioussss to see .... how can you kill, that which has no blood? ... will you drink my essssence? Will you let the ffffeaar inside your body?

It cackles.

To be frrrrank, I think I would rather you trrrry to dessstroy me .... thisss ... League ... disgusts me .... these ssssummoners are ... pitiful .... they chain usss ... keep ussss imprisoned ... and for what? To make themsssselves feel ... better?

Trullly so, Vladimirrr .... don't you think .... the world would look better .... if it were painted in... blood?

Almogs

03-24-2013

Quote:
FearTheNoct:

Nocturne laughs.

I can ssseeee what you arrrreee and what you have become .... but ... have... you?

Rrrreeallly, you arrre trying to threaten me as I lay here, imprisoned in this shard - toying with me? Reminds me how I toyed with your parrreents's minds, with their drrreeeaaammms, showing them their worrrrssst .... nightmarrrres.

Before I grrranted them merrrciful releassssssseeeee....

The shade's essence stir, extending through every corner of its space, dimming the soft light emanated of the shard until it can't be made out anymore.

You thiiink I can't ... scarrrree you .... you think ... I can't ... contrrroolllll you?

Why would I want that?

I have alllrrrready grown tirrred of you, litttle plaything - I have allllrrrready molded you in what you arrrrre today. Think about it - about your dreams of a good, happy life you could have had if you just ... walked away.

But nnnooooo .... you pursued the path of vengeance - you let your hate controlll you. You made ssssacrifices. You wasted the preciousss time of your ephemeral life preparing to ffface me.

And when you will dessstroy me ... what then? Could you ... everrr .... lead a norrrrmal life, again?

The shadows stir in the chamber, a low, howling sound echoing through. It seems that not only Nocturne is laughing, but a whole chorus of shadows joining in the revel. If you would pay attention to the sounds, you might recognize some of the laughter - familiar voices, voices that will always stand out of the crowd as people you'd care about.

Yooouuu knooowww .... what I find verrry entertaining, though?

... what isss herrr name .... I cannot remember .... but I rrrremember her voice, her sssscrrreeaammms in the dark as the village is burrrnnniinnng ....

Don't .... yoooouuuu?

A girl's scream fills the chamber, growing louder and louder, mixed with the crackle of a stray lightning and the sizzling of fire as it burns through wood and flesh. The distant wails of women and children can be heard - the words seem almost undecipherable except for a chant.

Killer .... Killer ... Kill her! KILL HER!

Zelas ignores the childish champion next to him, knowing he can't do anything to him, he focuses on his conversation with the shade. He listens to everything the creature has to say before answering.

"What are you talking about? A burning village... It wasn't me."

Two voices stand out of the many laughters the Shade is playing in Zelas's head. One would be the childish laughter of his sister Narra, the other would be the chuckle of the Senior-Steward Tybresa

"I will never hurt them, I won't hurt anyone but you. You think I'm searching for vengence, blinded? You are wrong. I act for the good of Valoran, I act for the good of all of Runeterra. I will never be blinded, not again. I got more important things to do. You, of course... You are locked here, my power is preventing your escape. I'm even limiting your shadows for mere mind tricks. They don't even exist for real, just illusions you play on other's minds. I know you more then anyone else, be it the normal child that listen to a bed-time story about the 'Dreamwraith' or the Steward-Summoner and the Council of Equility. I know you... I am you."

"And... wait... YOU! You are the reason my sister wakes up screaming every night, you are the nightmare. I will kill you for that, leave her alone you abomination! Do you want me to restrict you so much you won't even be able to collect the fear of others in this room?! That way, I will starve you until nothing is left but ashes of your essence. The council will judge me to die but I won't care, I would've done my part for the good of Runeterra."

Bluydee

03-24-2013

You see, the reason I'm stationed here is because of him.

Vlad gestures to Zelas.

If he were to try and kill you, they told me to kill him. Likewise, if you were to break out, I would do the same.

He chuckles.

Killing you would be a matter of draining the life force in you. Thus, I wouldn't need to touch the fear.

But that's not fun, is it? What point is death without a show?

Vlad then listens to Zelas.

If you are for the good of Valoran, you would know that killing him would destroy the Institute along with killing the majority of the summoners. And that, my friend, would be fun, but bad.

You don't realize you are running on vengeance. I've seen people like you all the time, wanting revenge on me for killing whomever. It gets boring fast.