Whats the best champion against ranged dps?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Octovert

12-05-2009

Caster tanks. I play a lot of singed and rammus. They both work just fine. Singed used to have problems with ashe because of the slow. The new cleanse makes ashe's life miserable.

Semei

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigsticker View Post
Semei, I played a couple of games with/against you yesterday as Cho'gath. He's probably the only melee character in the game that can stay on the creeps the majority of time against double ranged DPS. Thats why you see so many AP Cho players take solo mid when they know they will be up against a ranged carry like Ashe/Corki/Teemo.

He combats their range advantage with very high regen and rupture harassment. He might be what you are looking for.
Wow, you remember me I hope its not that kind of remember as "\ignore" So cho gets hes vote again! I really want to make a difference in game by using my skill and countering enemy physical dps carries seems like a gamebreaking support. As far as i have learned, burst magic damage dealers only shine in laning/mid game phase, and as i solo queue they usually lack the coordination to end the game while its still in our hands, so its logic decision to choose hero who can help against physical dps that dominate late game with all the tremendous damage output they do :P

JunkRamen

12-05-2009

Kassadin is far from worthless in 5v5 battles.

Pershing

12-05-2009

Blitz, Cho, CM, Anivia, Malph would be my top 5 pics.

Pretty much anything with stun -> slow -> burst will ruin their day.

dmatyrant

12-05-2009

TRYNDAMERE i play him all the time and if he gets close to anyone(Not hard) he will own their face

Agent Cay

12-20-2009

I know this is fifteen days old, I apologize for bumping, but this is a similar issue that's been bugging the heck out of me.

Ranged DPS have been driving me nuts, and I usually play as Cho'Gath. Yes, he sort of has a ranged attack in Rupture, which is nice, but if anyone has even one set of boots, they usually catch it instantly and move out of the way before they're hit. At which point, they continue this whole guerilla-style attack-retreat pattern until you can use it again.

Yes, Cho has a powerful ranged weapon in Rupture, but it's easy to dodge, slow to charge, and unless you can REALLY follow it up with a KO, most people shrug it off. What I need is some way to close that gap, because so many people just keep running in range of their turrets when I get close to them, then shoot at me when I can't reach them.

PhoenixLark

12-20-2009

As a teemo player I find cho to be a mind game war that only takes a little bit of work to get around... with level 2 boots plus move quick i finds it no problem to evade Rupture and even less so with Boots of swiftness. If you harass him well enough and get armor reduction stuff like last whisperer i don't find Cho to be a problem soloing

inept

12-20-2009

rammus/blitzcrank

your job as these chars is to basically keep the other team's carry(more oftne then not a ranged DPS) in check

rammus - if you have two tanks, let the other one initiate, then powerball into their carry, proceed to taunt their carry and tada. their carry is now useless while you (hopefully) rape them.

blitzcrank - a skilled blitzcrank is a nightmare for carries. he will be using every angle and make you dance all game to avoid the rocket grab. because if you get hit by it...well your dead. the opposite of this, is bad blitzcranks who often pull in a melee or tank or something and then the team just rushes in and you get owned because you actually helped them.