Whats the best champion against ranged dps?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Semei

12-05-2009

Whats the best champion against ranged dps?

Including:

Twitch - very cheap and deadly even in hands of below average player who just knows the "trick" - staying behind lines and retreating at once when attacked, positioning himself in some brushes or obscured places, then just standing, ulting, triple killing - again - even if ult is on - retreat at once if attacked by any champ >60%hp

Ashe - same s*** as twitch ,just different that you cant hide and aoe ult whole team, so more running around, less standing in one spot. Uses slow and kiting if attacked

Teemo - running around but keeping himself behind enemy lines if attacked, usually if attacked will run a bit, plant a shroom, and autoattack - if that does not kill you - then retreat.

Im talking here about mid-late game. Also ap based champions are very underpowered comparing to pysical dps in late game (this also happens to be the point where the winner is decided) So i tend to throw away ap builds and only ap based heros, as they can win some kills in start or mid game, but in the end will loose to some auto attack ******ness no matter whats your skill. Its just IS like that - if you are ap heavy team against pysical dps heavy team - you have very little chance of winning this in late game.

Some options i have used so far -

1)
Building a taric and making sure i got ashe or similar ranged dps in my team- this is somehow boring and does not always work
2) Using Kassadin - this usually does not work in team battles - its super great 1x1 or 1x2 - that is - midgame - but this sucks on 5x5 - because i just cant blink in behind enemy lines to get that twitch/ashe/whatever - usually my teammates will just stand there and whatch how i get twitch to 100hp left, then die in that 4x1 massacre
3) Using ranged dps myself - well - i dont like champions that give no challenge and choosing for example twitch and employing that kind of low life tactics just make me want to puke... I can win, but i dont feel like it was my skill that won that... I like to actually earn my win. And its hard to feel like you earned something by just standing there and autoattacking... This is the reason i have NEVER seen someone say to twitch or ashe - "nice" "wow" "geat yob!" or anything like that, even if they got triple kills. But i ALWAYS see this kind of reaction (from enemy and my team) when i get triple kill with taric or do some serious business with kass.

So what champion can counter ranged pysical dps well, dont rely on AP items and takes skill to play? Any opinions welcome, but dont post if you have less than say, 200 games played (beta+open), or just mention that you are new if you really think you have clever idea.

mermin

12-05-2009

other ranged physical dps, right now i think the melee carries are for the most part too squishy and dont work

Immune To Spells

12-05-2009

Rammus works great.

His two best early armor items both are mad tech vs. ranged dps---Warden's Mail and Thornmail. All his abilities make for effective pushing and countering ranged DPS

Chiquihuite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2009

Wait, you're arguing that ranged characters are OP in the mid-late game? I gotta disagree there. If anything, it's the early laning time that it's frustrating to go melee against range.

Unless you're Cho'gath. Cho'gath eats who he pleases.

Carleton

12-05-2009

UDYR UDYR UDYR UDYR UDYR. Seriously though, Corki is a pretty good counter as is TF due to both of their extremely spammable abilities.

Astonem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-05-2009

I play ranged DPS 99% of the time, normally either Twitch or Teemo, and honestly one of the hardest characters to fight solo or even with a team is Cho'Gath. Mid-late game he has so much health that he is really hard to take down, especially with his airborn and stun ability. If you don't like Cho'Gath, then try Singed because he is also impossible to defeat if he tosses you and you get caught up in his poison trail. If you don't like melee, then Twisted Fate is probably your best bet besides playing a ranged DPS as well.

Tpyo

12-05-2009

Blitzcrank can be a ranged dps's nightmare. His rocket grab and pop up combo can remove the distance while he gets a few hits. If he has the lizard buff or a frozen mallet he can prevent you from running. Plus a good blitzcrank would probably have his team near him to make any chance of fighting minimal.

Semei

12-05-2009

I think chogath would be worth a try - seems like good idea

Singed... well.. you still need to get there to toss, wont work well on 5x5... You cant just run in =P

Pigsticker

12-05-2009

Semei, I played a couple of games with/against you yesterday as Cho'gath. He's probably the only melee character in the game that can stay on the creeps the majority of time against double ranged DPS. Thats why you see so many AP Cho players take solo mid when they know they will be up against a ranged carry like Ashe/Corki/Teemo.

He combats their range advantage with very high regen and rupture harassment. He might be what you are looking for.

ravey

12-05-2009

Gangplank is basically a ranged dps, normally annoy the hell out ashe's that like to solo mid